Community_discussions_small  

Question

Whats available on Contiki (New Zealand) bus?

1 Feb 2012 AlexG asked

AlexG

Just wanting to know wat is available on the Contiki (New Zealand) bus? like powerpoints etc

Thanks

• 2 Feb 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

good question.

• 3 Feb 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

I wont b needing to use that bus service thanks as i am going with contiki therefore a contiki bus thanks :)

• 3 Feb 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

haha yeh me too.

• 5 Feb 2012 damien said

Default_avatar

I cant recall if our bus had indivdual power points at every seat i think there where a couple of power points near the toilet and a couple up the front of the bus (i think) but i dont think anyone needed to use them at all ..
    the Tour manager will probably ask for peoples ipods to listen to different music as they have a jack.. on the longer days we watched a movie think this only happened 1 0r 2 times…
    The toilets on the buses are mainly for looking at we where told (or Throwing up in like one of the guys on our tour found out after a big night LoL).. But if you do use the toilet and the driver sees you make sure your holding on whilst your in there they have to clean them so they make you think twice about using them again.. You get heaps of chances along the way to go though….
    the coaches have reclineing seats .
    The drivers will be pretty strict when it comes to keeping the bus clean as its there responsibility to look after it .. They will be out washing it at stops cleaning the windows for you and just generally keping it tidy .. the messier you leave it the less time they have to spend with you in the bars… Dont get me wrong the bus trips are good fun just respect them you will be in them for a couple of weeks… The guys will be asked to help load and unload the suitcases everyday just help it gets it done faster…You wont be allowed in your suitcase til you get to the hotel everynight so make sure you check your itinery and pack in your day pack what you need for the day….
    They say if you get motion sickness to sit up the front as the bus doesnt seem to sway as much as the back… Dont put your head on the window without something between it as the natural oil in you hair leaches on to the glass but when you go to take a photo and get home to print it you will end up with a big smudge mark in the middle of it..
    Hopefully this covers all the bus times for you it may sound strict but its just basic courtesy towards the Driver and fellow tour mates to make everyones tour great experience

• 5 Feb 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

wow thank you

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion