Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern 23rd august 2012

2 Feb 2012 sarah asked

sarah

Hey, just booked on this tour wondering if anyone else is doing this tour as well. thanks

• 2 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hey Sarah, yes me and my sister have also booked for this tour…

• 3 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

Thats great, would be good to know a few ppl before i go over. Im travelling over their alone, but very excited.

• 3 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Yes me too, really cant wait!!!

• 6 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Hey guys just booked this tour today!! So excited! :)

• 7 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Nice to meet you JRose…. awesome well so far that makes 4 lol hopefully we know more people before then…

• 7 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Haha well 4 is a start! :p So is anyone spending time in LA before the Tour or staying in NY after the Tour finishes?

• 7 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Im spending 2 nights before the tour in LA and 3 nights in NY afterwards. What bout you guys…?

• 7 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

hello jrose, im also going to spend two nights in LA and spending 3 nighs in NY before doing the north by north east tour. where are you all from?

• 7 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Im from sydney…. and you ladies?

• 8 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

I live about 60km out of tamworth.

• 8 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

I’m from Perth. Thinking of doing the LA Explorer so that will be about 5 days before Tour and I’m hoping to spend about a week in NY! Although hotels seem pretty expensive there. August is going to come up so fast! So excited! :)

• 8 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

yea i just booked my accommidation for 4 nights in NY wasn’t cheap. i wish august would hurry up and arrive im excited already. which hotel where you looking at staying at jrose?

• 8 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

I was thinking of just going with whatever Contiki offered a special on. Hotel Beacon is at the back of the Brochure but my travel agent mentioned another one that might be cheaper. Which hotel did you choose?

• 8 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

I’m using the Sheraton Brooklyn which is the contiki hotel. I didn’t want to be swapping hotels because I would probley would of gotten lost.

• 9 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Yeah that’s the other one my agent mentioned! I think I’ll just stay there. And then Kyoto Grand Hotel in LA.

• 9 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

Yea I’m also staying at kyoto grand in LA

• 10 Feb 2012 roaming_jafa said

Default_avatar

Hi all, also booked on this one. Contiki #2 for me. Will be a hard act to follow because it really was
    awesome the first time. Looking forward to august. Any others adding the New York tour onto the end?

• 10 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

hello, im staying 4 nighs in NY then startng the north by north east tour after. where was your first contiki tour at?

• 10 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Hey roaming. This is also my second Tour. Did the Ultimate European in 2009, it was amazing. I’m spending about 8 days in NY but at this stage not doing a Tour, NY is the main reason I’m going to the States haha Just going to wander around lost I think : )

• 11 Feb 2012 karina said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! I’m Karina, I’m 21 & from Wollongong.
    I’ve never done Contiki before but I’ve done a lot of travelling.
    I was thinking of staying two days in LA as well. Great to hear your hotel ideas. I haven’t looked yet!
    Soo exciting :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.