Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern 23rd august 2012

2 Feb 2012 sarah asked

sarah

Hey, just booked on this tour wondering if anyone else is doing this tour as well. thanks

• 12 Feb 2012 roaming_jafa said

Default_avatar

My first tour was the European Escapade in 2008, about the same length as this one. I also have done
    New York Uncovered as a standalone tour on the same trip, so have a fair idea of what to expect.
    My sis is joining me at the end for that one, but doing this tour alone.

I think the group size is about 55-57 for these ones, and it will probably sell out.
    Im Kevin, 31 from Auckland by the way.

• 12 Feb 2012 Peter said

Peter

Hi ladies and Kevin! I’m Peter, 22 and from Sydney.
    Also booked in for the 23rd tour and can’t wait!
    I’m planning to arrive 5 days before the tour and probably head up to San Fran for a couple days then back to LA for the rest so if anyones keen to meet up and hit the theme parks or whatever let me know!

• 12 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Hey guys! Good to see more people on here for this tour! I’m also arriving LA 5 days before and was thinking of doing the LA Explorer. Would love to see San Fran though.. Do you know if it’s hard or expensive to get there Peter..?
    Oh and by the way my name is Jacinta, 22.

• 12 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah

hi peter, im wanting to do the theme parks in LA so would be good if we all good meet before hand, im sarah and im 21. Karina im glad the link worked

• 12 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hey all, im glad to see more and more people are joining. Well my name is emily im 25 and will be doing my first contiki tour with my sister laura 21, from sydney and we both can wait and have never wanted time to go so quick. We are staying in LA for 2 nights before the trip, i dont think we are doing the theme park as i think disneyland is more for younger children (just what i have been told) so i dont want to waste to much time when we could be seeing other things. Nice to meet all of you and hopefully if we are all staying at the Kyoto Grand before the tour we could all catch up, even if its just drinks or something…

• 13 Feb 2012 Linden_Jane said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I’m Linden. I am also doing this tour. I’m 26, and will be travelling with my brother, who will be 27 at the time. I am hoping to be in LA for 2 nights before the tour, and stay for a week in New York after the tour. We are from Townsville, QLD. I am thinking we will stay at the Kyoto Grand in LA, purely for conveniece, so hopefully will meet a few of you before the tour commences. Unsure of plans for NYC, so any advise or suggestions will be much appreciated. Can’t wait for August!!!

• 13 Feb 2012 karina said

Default_avatar

Thanks Sarah! & thanks for starting this up!!
    Peter & Sarah I’d love to meet up and do LA with you guys! I’ll be travelling alone so it would be good to do LA with some like minded people :)

• 13 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

I’m also going solo so count me in for meeting up in LA!

• 13 Feb 2012 roaming_jafa said

Default_avatar

Kyoto is in downtown, about 15 mins from Universal/Hollywood
    and 30-40 from Disneyland. Both will have bus transfers I imagine.
    Disney is so worth the trip I don’t care how old you are!

Im staying for 5 days before, in Buena Park, which is where Knotts
    Berry Farm is. Not going to Kyoto until the day before.
    They usually have a pre-tour meeting at like 6pm that night.

Any questions about LA ill try to help with. Ive been a couple of times.
    Good to see a few of you already. Most people dont find the forum :)

• 14 Feb 2012 Peter said

Peter

Jacinta, getting there is really easy! the lady from contiki just booked my flights direct from Sydney to San Fran via LA it’s only about a 2 hour stop over and the flights only an hour a so. Normally I book my own flights but they quoted me some cheap airfares so i took it! If you want the flight numbers let me know! Will be great to go there, everyone I’ve spoken to says LA is too boring for 5 days plus may as well since its so close!

I’ll probably end up staying at the Kyoto too due to laziness of moving haha, but we are definitely all meeting up and maybe even hit some bars before the theme parks, make it even more fun! As for NYC I’ve got 5 days after the tour finishes and no plans, just want to explore at my own pace and do whatever!

• 14 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Thanks Peter! Off to see the travel agent tomorrow and pay for flights.. to make it all real finally! I’ll ask about San Fran and see if she can get me a good deal. Did you find a decent a hotel there? I’ve also heard 5 days is too long for LA, I think maybe two days in San Fran and 3 in LA could be good.
    Also would love to see the theme parks if there is time : )
    Hey if anyone wants to add me on facebook it’s Jacinta Rose Harwood from Perth. That’s how I met a few ppl before my last tour.. found it easier to get to know everyone.. :)

• 15 Feb 2012 sarah said

sarah
    jrose i just added you on fb, my facebook account is sarah hudson from woolomin (Hope that works). im glad that their are more people going and i would definitely love to catch up before the tour and hit the bars and theme parks so count me in.
  • 15 Feb 2012 Linden_Jane said

Default_avatar

My facebook account is Linden East (I’m from Townsville) if anyone wants to add me :)

• 15 Feb 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hi All,
    Im Emily Donney from Sydney if you guys want to add me on Facebook….

• 15 Feb 2012 Peter said

Peter

If you want to add me im Peter Ioannidis from Sydney otherwise I’ll add you all when I get home. Overseas at the moment and the iPhone app is terrible for finding people!

• 15 Feb 2012 JRose said

JRose

Hey Peter sorry couldn’t find you.. Thanks for adding me though girls! Can’t wait to meet everyone for real! We’re going to have a blast :)

• 15 Feb 2012 Peter said

Peter

All good managed to find you and the others eventually! Paid for and got my eticket today, pretty excited!
    If anyone can’t find me I think facebook.com/peterioa might work..

• 13 May 2012 Laura.adele said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone I’m Laura and I’m booked for this tour starting la who’s from Melbourne?

• 19 May 2012 Shaan said

Default_avatar

Hello Everybody,
    I am in for Grand Southern starting from 23rd August 2012…
    Will spend some time in LA with few mates there from 17th August…
    Also doing New York Explorer starting from 18th September…
    This is my 5th Contiki…and believe me, all the previous 4 were awesome experiences…
    Shaan…34…Dubai (Facebook: Shantanu Sarkar)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 2 years

This question was posted about almost 3 years ago. It has been discussed 39 times.

10 people are following this discussion.

• sarah
  • Emily
  • JRose
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Peter
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.