Community_discussions_small  

Comment

any advice for traveling couple

11 Dec 2007 Ben said

Default_avatar
hi our names are Ben and Simone we are from melbourne Australia and are going on the european escapade trip in august 08. we are engaged and want to know if it is diff for couples going on a contiki trip. if anyone has any advice or exprences to share we would be greatful.. thanks
  • 11 Dec 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Had a few couples on my camper this year, which I wasn’t expecting. One couple had been married for 9 years! They had just as much fun as everyone else and partied as hard if not harder. There is nothing to worry about, going as a couple. You will be treated like everyone else and will have just as much fun, with the added bonus of sharing it with someone you love!

• 11 Dec 2007 Ben said

Default_avatar

Thanks very much that is excactlly what we wanted to hear, so cant wait to go!

quote:
    Originally posted by real_mccoy:
    Had a few couples on my camper this year, which I wasn’t expecting. One couple had been married for 9 years! They had just as much fun as everyone else and partied as hard if not harder. There is nothing to worry about, going as a couple. You will be treated like everyone else and will have just as much fun, with the added bonus of sharing it with someone you love!

• 11 Dec 2007 Ben said

Default_avatar

wat about at the hostels and other acomm any twin share?

• 11 Dec 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Hotels vary on a tour to tour basis. If it is 2 to a room you will be with your partner. If it 3 or 4 to a room you will share your room with another person. This is uncontrollable unfortunately. If u want a room (tent) to urself go camping, the tents only fit 2!!

• 11 Dec 2007 Nat22 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I noticed you said these conditions were uncontrollable (sharing a room). Would you reccomend any of these trips for a honeymoon?

• 11 Dec 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

If you are travelling on your honeymoon, I’d recommend only doing a hotel/superior tour. Then you’ll always be together.

Also, you might want to look at more of a gateway tour (like the London & Paris type tours) where you’re on a bus less and will have more time to yourselves.

• 11 Dec 2007 Nat22 said

Default_avatar

Great, thank you. At first we considered doing a budget tour but then we realized you only have one honeymoon and probably not very many chances to go to Europe so we will definately look in to superior. Thank you

• 13 Dec 2007 bammers said

bammers

Hey! We just got booked for a tour in August 08 as well and are traveling as a couple. Just wanted to clarify- if you book with a partner you room with your partner when its twin share and then for the three or four room groups with another pair but always stay with your friend/partner? Thanks for the help! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Dec 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Yup if your booked with someone, you will always share a room with them.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion