Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Inspiration??

1 Jul 2007 Amylee asked

Default_avatar
Hi
My boyfriend and I are more than likely doing the European Inspiration tour in Jan '08. Just wondering if anyone has any advice about the tour?? things to do/not do and whats it like going in winter?? It was the only time we could both fit in with work/uni!!
Also we'll probably be finishing the tour in paris does anyone know if this is any cheaper since we won't be going with the tour back to london??
Any advice would be soo great!!
Amy Smiler
  • 1 Jul 2007 Nikki said

Default_avatar

hey,
    my boyfriend and i are also doing a tour around Europe in Jan 08, but were booked onto the european discovery.
    it seems like it’s pretty cold in winter, alot of people recommend bringing thermals, so if we take them, a scarf, beanie, warm jacket we should be fine. Plus im pretty sure i’ll be so excited i wont be thinking about how cold it is. Do you have any idea what dates you want to go? NikkiSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jul 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Amy,

The trip isn’t any cheaper if you leave in Paris, it just means you save yourself the expense of going back across the Channel if you want to see more of Paris.

I’m booked on a Winter Wanderer in Jan 08 (which is a similar tour).

Positives – lines are shorter, less ppl are around, you get to see a ‘different’ Europe to what you’d see in Summer

Negatives – some places are closed/opening times are shorter, there are less daylight hours (av. Sunrise 8:30am, Sunset 4:30pm), its cold Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

If you bring all the appropriate winter gear you should be okay, just be prepared for freezing temps. And work out what you really want to see in the cities before you go and check the opening hours (due to daylight time restraints and in case the weather goes bad). Winter should be a good time to check out more museums, there will be less ppl around and they’ll be heated Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jul 2007 NatalieAnne said

Default_avatar

Im going on this tour in Oct/Nov. Im looking foward to going in Winter. Ive seen snow only once and it will be cool spending Winter in Europe.

• 1 Jul 2007 Amylee said

Default_avatar

Thanks for all ur replys/posts. Nikki – we were looking at the tour that starts on Jan 21st ‘08. We haven’t actually booked anything coz we’re still saving n working over the uni holidays!
    We think we’ll be fine with the cold and less people/lines to deal with! Glad theres other ppl out there who think like I do about the winter, I’ve had other friends think we’re a bit insane going in winter.but Natalie ur right there’ll be snow! lol
    Thanks again cya

• 2 Jul 2007 Steph said

Default_avatar

Hey Im doing this tour on the 22nd October – 9th November and I cant wait. Its one of the only tours that has everywhere i want to go on it!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.