Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer (Oct 26th 2012)

3 Feb 2012 Jess01 asked

Default_avatar

Just booked today =) I know it's really early but has anyone else booked this tour??

• 7 Feb 2012 OZDemon said

OZDemon

Hey Jess. I am booked for this tour as well. Still a bit of a way away, but can’t wait.

• 8 Feb 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Awesome :) Glad I’m not the only one booked. Is this your first contiki?

• 8 Feb 2012 OZDemon said

OZDemon

This will be my first crack at contiki, although I have been to Europe before. Not too sure what to expect, but looking forward to having a great time. And it is good to know that there will be a couple of Aussies on this tour to keep the rest of the group honest.

• 12 Feb 2012 Jo said

Default_avatar

Signed up to this tour as well. Can’t wait!

• 13 Feb 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

My friend Sarah and I booked today!!! :)

• 13 Feb 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

:) how long is everyone planning on being in London for before and after the tour?

• 15 Feb 2012 OZDemon said

OZDemon

Coming from the US before the tour, however will be in London on the 24th. After the tour, going to spend a week Paris doing the usual Paris stuff… ;)

• 18 Feb 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

We are arriving in London on 23rd Oct and after the tour we are doing the 4 night London explorer, departing for home the evening of the 22nd Nov! What about you Jess? Hopefully the next 8 months fly :)

• 20 Feb 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

I still haven’t booked any flights but I’m planning on arriving on the 23rd and leaving either on the 30th of Nov or 1st Dec. It’ll be October before we know it!

• 3 Mar 2012 kaitlynn said

kaitlynn

Im going on this tour too!

• 3 Mar 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

Whoo! Welcome Kaitlyn, is this your first contiki? Where is everyone from? :)

• 3 Mar 2012 kaitlynn said

kaitlynn

Yes! I was originally going on a September tour but changed into the winter wanderer as I’m working in England for 4 months before! This is my first tour :) I’m from australia- Melbourne. You?

• 6 Apr 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

I’m also from Melbourne :)

• 22 Apr 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

kaitlynn – awesome that you are having a working holiday before the contiki! What kind of work are you doing? I am from a place called Griffith in NSW…. Looks like Aussies will be ruling the contiki bus if this keeps up!

• 5 May 2012 lozsander said

lozsander

I just booked this tour yesterday so excited im also staying in london to work for 4 months after haha :) Anybody else going solo?

• 5 May 2012 kaitlynn said

kaitlynn

I’m a solo traveller too loz! I’m working beforehand for 4 months then after for 2 maybe longer hahah
    Where abouts are you working? Are you from aus?

kaitlynn

Does everyone have Facebook? I should start up a group!

lozsander

wooo how exciting I was nervous to go by myself haha yeh im from sydney :) I booked with the working holiday club I just spoke to them on the phone yesterday they are sorting something out now they said something about working for 5 star hotels so that should be fun….where are you going to be working? Yeh good idea make a group :)

kaitlynn

haha same i leave next month! i orginally booked with the london pub co but ended up getting a job at a pub with my friend who went through the london pub co hah so i saved myself money!
    Im working in a pub in reading just outside london!

lozsander

how exciting! I wish I was going next month haha add me on facebook if you want :) http://www.facebook.com/lauren.k.sander

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion