Community_discussions_small  

Question

Vietnamese Dong - How much?

6 Feb 2012 Wayne_Hubbard asked

Wayne_Hubbard

Hey guys, I leave on Feb 24th for the Vietnam Experience. I was planning on grabbing a certain amount of Vietnamese Dong and US dollars at the airport before I go. Is this what most people do? And what is a reasonable amount to take for when you get there? How much is too muc/not enough etc? Thanks

Wayne

• 19 Feb 2012 AmberKate85 said

AmberKate85

Hey Wayne,

I’ve just come home from the Vietnam Experience. 20,000 Vietnamese Dong is roughly one dollar. Food and drink is really cheap. But perhaps take a travel card so you can withdraw more money when you’re over there. Ha Noi deals with US dollars quite well and other places quote prices in US dollars but just make sure you know their exchange rates so when you ask for the price in dong they don’t rip you off. Stick to one currency – it is way easier. Sign up for all of the optional extras, it’s well worth it. If you want clothing made in Hoi An then take out extra – the tailors are fantastic and you tend to come out with more than you went in for (whether you’re a boy or a girl!). There are ATM’s everywhere though so you should be right if you need more money. Only on the overnight to Mekong Delta and Halong Bay will you have trouble with ATM’s.

Have an amazing time – it was truly awesome!

Amber

• 20 Feb 2012 Wayne_Hubbard said

Wayne_Hubbard

Thanks a lot Amber, appreciate it. I have a travel card with me with US dollars on it as well as a bank so no problems there. I’ll make sure I do all the optional activites too. Glad to hear you had a blast.

• 20 Feb 2012 JamieLay said

Default_avatar

I always bring US Dollars. Excepted everywhere. Exchange into Dong at Jewelry Stores, get a good rate there. Good Luck.
    Katom Coupon Codes

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion