Community_discussions_small  

Question

so how much money should we bring?

6 Feb 2012 cookie798 asked

Default_avatar

how much in what kind of currencies, how much on credit cards, travellers checks, travelex cards, this seems to be a common question that doesnt get answered much. i was just wondering what others had done on pervious trips.
thanks!

• 6 Feb 2012 Explorer~1987 said

Explorer~1987

Do NOT take travellers cheques! They are a waste of time and most places don’t accept them… I would suggest taking a travelex card if you are going for longer than 3 weeks. Just make sure you have a look at the fees which are involved. I used my credit card only for items i bought at a shop as it doen’t cost anything in fees. You don’t really need to take any money with you. I got money out at the air port in London and there are ATM’s every where. If you are going to Leichtenstein before Switzerland they only accept Swiss Francs. There is a place near the restaurants that do money exchange. I changed AUD – Swiss and it was a pretty good rate. You will need your passport to do this though or they charge extra fees.This place also exchanges travellers cheques. If you need any advise on anything else let me know and i’ll see if i can help!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion