Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Highlights 14th September 2012

7 Feb 2012 DanMac asked

Default_avatar

Hey guys and girls.. Me and a mate have just booked and paid for just wondering who else has jumped on this bandwagon?

• 17 Feb 2012 Explorer1365271 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I just booked and paid my deposit for this yesterday. I’m dead excited and looking forward to it. We will be in Munich when the Oktoberfest is on. Can’t wait for this I’m going from London but live here so at least no travel for me just before we set off!

Michelle

• 19 Feb 2012 DanMac said

Default_avatar

Hey, very nice, yeh definately looking forward to it. especially the Oktoberfest!

We will be in London for about 3 weeks prior to the tour. So you might be able to give a few pointers of where to head out there too? Have a couple of places lined up and planning on getting one of the train passes.

• 20 Feb 2012 Explorer1365271 said

Default_avatar

London is great so there is lots to do. When I first got here I realised that the cheapest way to travel is definitely an oyster card (pays as you go) especially if you’re travelling at off peak times! The staff on the underground are helpful and will calculate for you the cost of single journeys against a train pass. Where are you from?

• 20 Feb 2012 DanMac said

Default_avatar

Yeh nice, thanks for your help.. I am from Australia so this will be our first trip overseas should be a lot of fun!!

• 22 Feb 2012 Explorer1365271 said

Default_avatar

Is there anyone else on the forums that are coming on this trip?? Would be nice to say hello and sort of get to know the folks who will be joining us!

• 22 Feb 2012 chantalpage said

chantalpage

Hey! Im going on the european experience 14th sep. After that im going back to oktoberfest with some friends. cant wait

• 23 Feb 2012 Explorer1365271 said

Default_avatar

Hello Chantal its a pleasure to meet someone else who will be on our tour. Technically you will be going to the Oktoberfest twice then! Good stuff, be prepared to be hungover. I’m foreseeing many hung over bus journeys for myself on this trip! I’m from SA originally but live in London and yourself?

• 23 Feb 2012 chantalpage said

chantalpage

Hey :)
    Im from NSW! Im going over with another 4 friends. We were told that you don’t really get much of a chance to go to Oktoberfest and do the other stuff aswell. The boys said if they were going to Europe they wanted to do Oktoberfest properly. So after Contiki we are meeting another 2 friends and heading back.

Yes I can see many hangovers and some crazy times. We all went on a cruise together a year ago and that was hectic so I cant wait for this.

So are you going alone or with someone? How old are you?

• 27 Feb 2012 Explorer1365271 said

Default_avatar

Hello, sorry for only getting back to you so late. I have been dead busy at work and just chillaxed over the weekend. I’m going by myself, this will be my first trip that I do with Contiki so I’m really loooking forward to it. That’s a shame that we don’t get to spend that much time at the Oktoberfest but I can always go next year. (Work won’t allow me to take another week or so off!!)

I’m 28 and you?

Michelle

• 11 Mar 2012 Dingo said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!
    My friend and I have booked for this tour and I was just wondering if anyone knew (or knew where I could find) what time the tour leaves from London?
    We’re going to be spending a few days beforehand in Cardiff and I just want to make sure we’re in London in time for departure.
    Any help would be wonderful!
    =]

• 28 Mar 2012 Banjo82ben said

Banjo82ben

Guys,

I’ve just booked my Oktoberfest 7 day camping tour on the 20th Sept and keep finding all these conversations.. so excited can’t help but comment!! I have a couple of days in London before the trip leaves from the "Royal National around 2pm apparently " hotel (Dingo thats for you if you didn’t find out yet?) and wouldn’t mind meeting ppl that might be already there or getting there around the same time to hook up and and have a few pre-Oktoberfest drinks with??

I’m from Cairns QLD is anyone else from Aus going to be at the Royal National on the 18th-19th before the Oktoberfest trip on the 20th?? look forward to talking to you.

• 29 Apr 2012 Laura said

Laura

Hey! I’m coming from the states for the 12’th September tour but I think I add 2 days so hoping this is the right one – if so nice to meet everyone!

• 13 Jun 2012 kayliefaye said

kayliefaye

Hello! My friend and I booked the tour for Sep. 14th and we are super excited! We are coming from california and have never been to Europe before. We are also staying an extra night at the end of the tour, can anyone recommend a hostel?

• 13 Jun 2012 DanMac said

Default_avatar

hey! sorry have been a bit lazy on the replies.. but we are getting closer!!
    Dingo – not sure the actual departure time on the contiki, the idea i used was to stay in the contiki hostel the night before to make sure i was on the bus outta there!

Laura – haha im not sure how to answer that question but on your contiki booking it will say what day you are leaving!!

Kayliefaye – ahh super excitement is good, should be a laugh, plenty of drinking to be had, lets hope everyone is on the same wave-length. California hey – thats on my agenda hopefully next holiday! as far as staying somewhere after the tour,, the easiest and cheapest (because you have been on the contiki) would be the contiki hostel.. however have a look on www.hostelworld.com its a site i have been using to try and map out a few ideas! gives plenty of reviews from other stayers!

• 13 Jun 2012 Betsmon14 said

Betsmon14

Hey guys, I’m going with my friend to Europe in September and I can’t wait to see everything ! So where is everybody from? I’m coming from California .

• 15 Jun 2012 chantalpage said

chantalpage

Betsmon 14 – Myself and some friends are coming from around Sydney Aus.

Dingo – I was under the impression that for our tour (european experience 14th sep) we would be leaving the royal national at around 8am. But not really sure. We get our itineraries 21 days prior to departing our home countries though if that helps.

Kayliefaye – Where are you staying the extra night? London? Me and my partner are staying an extra night at Amsterdam and I found two hostel that seem ok. Do you have the Contiki European booklet? In the back it has Contiki affiliated places to stay in major areas. Might help :)

I have been counting down for ages. Its coming around quick though. Finish uni exams next week and then I have 2 months of a full on social calendar and then it will be time to jump on a plane :)

• 3 Aug 2012 Betsmon14 said

Betsmon14

Hello again!
    My friend and I were actually wondering if anybody could give us some info on what the weather is like in London during September just so we could be a bit more prepared. :)

chantalpage- so cool that your coming from Sydney Aus. :)

• 5 Aug 2012 Dingo said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, Betsmon, just responding about the weather situation.
    The weather is so unpredictable in London that even my contact who lives there can’t tell me much.
    Check this out, though.
    http://www.holiday-weather.com/london/averages/
    The advice I did get was to make sure you have a scarf or something similar at all times, for weather changes, and a jacket.
    Though, I think we’ll be fairly safe in assuming it’s not going to be all sunshine and warmth. Maybe not even hot.

• 6 Aug 2012 Betsmon14 said

Betsmon14

Dingo- Thank you for the advice I will check that website out for sure before leaving and pack a warm scarf. :)

• 12 Aug 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

hi everyone just booked for the 14th sep euro highlights! is anyone flying straight to paris??

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.