Community_discussions_small  

Comment

booking vacation off work

18 Feb 2008 DevonK said

Default_avatar
Just wanted to be clear about something - I'm coming from Canada and thinking about booking the European Discovery. If the dates are for May 4th to May 17th then I would expect to book my flight for May 4th correct? If I arrive the next day May 5th I'll have all day and then the tour will start early the next morning??

Thanks!
  • 19 Feb 2008 Hipjaz, the canuck from the T-Dot said

Default_avatar

pretty much. my tour last year begin sept 13. my flight was sept 11 at about 10 pm due to delay so i got to london at sept 12 8am. the contiki basement was full so i had to wait until 2pm before i could put my shutcase down in a locker and roam the street (there’s no way i was going to tour england with a huge suitcase) by the tie that was done, i had time to go on a 2 hour double decker tour of london. not enough time at all!!!

i now have to go back to london because i didn’t really get to see it. my advice, plan on staying a day or more in london and pay for a hotel or a hostel

• 19 Feb 2008 Humbug said

Humbug

I believe that if the tour dates (given to you by contiki) are May 4th to May 17th. That means that your tour starts ON May 4th (early in the morning most likely) so you will need to fly into whichever city it starts in on May3rd.

• 19 Feb 2008 Amelie said

Amelie

mmm… maybe you want to double check with contiki just to be sure. I know that in my case, the dates given by contiki are May 6th to June 4th but that the actual tour only starts May 8th… therefore I leave Canada May 6th, arrive May 7th and start the tour May 8th.

• 19 Feb 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Devon:

from North America, you should be booking an overnight flight departing May 4th. Your pretour meeting is the evening of May 5 and the tour bus departs early on the morning of May 6.

- Vic

• 23 Feb 2008 DevonK said

Default_avatar

Perfect! Thanks all.

• 23 Feb 2008 christine23 said

Default_avatar

ptooma is correct!
    My boyfriend and I have booked this trip from Toronto and our flight is on May 4th at around 8pm I believe. We meet our tour group the next night May 5th.
    I started a thread for May 4th in the European Discovery Forum if you end up booking this trip!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.