Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Experience August 13th 2012?

7 Feb 2012 TriniExplorer asked

TriniExplorer

Hi guys

Anyone else doing European Experience - August 13th 2012? I'm booked along with a couple friends. We're all so excited, just can't wait!!!

Would love to find out who else is going.

Adi

• 7 Jul 2012 michaelcrook said

michaelcrook

Yeah Andy when u booked u woulda had an option for accommodation. But yeah u will have a voucher when it comes if u have. And yeah cooper I just went with something from mountain designs, their stuff is pretty good

• 7 Jul 2012 Red said

Default_avatar

I think you will have to book ur own jhotel for the night of the 12th. birthday drinks it is. not too sure on a backpack either yet?

• 9 Jul 2012 Morgan said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! Morgan here from Toronto, Canada. I’ll be travelling solo and arriving in London the night of the 10th. Looking forward to meeting everyone! About a month to go now!!! :) Cant wait!

• 14 Jul 2012 nat-faye said

nat-faye

Hi Adi and all, I wont be able to join the Harry Potter tour on the 11th as only get back from a tour that afternoon :( but still happy to explore on the 12th and then catching up in the evening for drinks! Yay, cant wait :)

• 18 Jul 2012 aisy said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!
    I’m Aislinn, 24 from Darwin, Australia and I’ll be joining this tour with a friend. Soooo excited! We get to London on the 10th. Very keen to meet up with you all for pre-drinks :)

• 18 Jul 2012 Red said

Default_avatar

Welcome aisy. great to see some more aussies going. getting really close now

• 18 Jul 2012 aisy said

Default_avatar

Thanks Red :-) so is everyone taking backpacks? I was just going to bring a suitcase…

• 18 Jul 2012 Red said

Default_avatar

Im just taking a suitcase and a backpack as a day bad. i think contiki prefer suitcases anyway. bring on the trip

• 19 Jul 2012 AndySee said

AndySee

ok – so I just received my itinerary yesterday, and it looks like they don’t want any suitcases with wheels on the bus – lol – so now I need to figure out what i’m bringing as well. And as for the hotel, it looks like I am staying at the place we’re meeting….so accomodations from the 12th to the 13th…check! :)

• 19 Jul 2012 michaelcrook said

michaelcrook

Hey Andy. Are u sure about the wheels? I’ve read through my docs and lots on the contiki site and it doesn’t say any where that your suitcase can’t have wheels. They actually recommend wheels. So I think that one is fine :) however I think I have seen that you day/carry on bag can’t have wheels, I don’t know where I’ve seen that though. Anyway worst case scenario on the day they say no wheels, then jus break them off, problem solved :)

• 19 Jul 2012 AndySee said

AndySee

Hahaha….after a few bevvies we’ll have some fun breaking em off – Good call Mike! :)
    I thought the no wheels thing was kinda weird too….maybe they’re referring to just “on the bus” like carry on…guess i’ll wait and see!

• 19 Jul 2012 TriniExplorer said

TriniExplorer

I got my documents today too!!! So REAL

• 19 Jul 2012 michaelcrook said

michaelcrook

Yeah I think it’ll be right, we will ask the question on Sunday at the meeting and if they say no we will start breaking the wheels :) haha seriously though I’m 99% sure it’s fine. I’ve only seen restrictions on size and weight :)

• 20 Jul 2012 JGarrison28 said

Default_avatar

Heya Everyone I’m Jessica :)
    I’m 19 and from Sheffield, England I’m joining the tour on my own, I can’t wait to meet you all! I got the itinerary the other day; So excited :D

• 27 Jul 2012 Red said

Default_avatar

2 weeks and im away… bring it on

• 27 Jul 2012 aisy said

Default_avatar

I hear ya Red! just wanna leave already! X-D

• 27 Jul 2012 Red said

Default_avatar

If i had my way i would already be there

• 1 Aug 2012 michaelcrook said

michaelcrook

Its finally August!! not long now!! :D

• 7 Aug 2012 AndySee said

AndySee

Sooooo looking at my flight itinerary a couple days ago, I realized that I don’t actually get into London until 4pm :( – so looks like I won’t be able to do much on the Sunday (12th) I’ll pretty much be checking into my hotel (the National) and walking around that area until we meet…

• 8 Aug 2012 JGarrison28 said

Default_avatar

This weekend seems to be taking forever to roll around :D :D I can not wait; especially to meet you all :D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion