Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Road August 18th 2012

9 Feb 2012 Danielle asked

Danielle

Hey,
I have just booked this tour and am currently counting down the days. Just wondering if anybody else has booked this tour?

• 19 Feb 2012 AnnaMaria said

AnnaMaria

hi Danielle, I have just booked this tour as well… i am counting down the days too !! I have heard its a great tour.. cant wait :)

• 13 Mar 2012 BethC said

BethC

I am looking at doing this tour and think I will probably be booking it soon!

• 22 Mar 2012 Bronty said

Bronty

Hi, I also just booked this tour as well. Been wanting to see Eastern Europe for a long time now.

• 22 Mar 2012 AnnaMaria said

AnnaMaria

oh excellent i think its going to be an amazing tour my sister & her husband did this tour 2 years ago and they loved it, was def on the top of my list… Looking forward to meeting you all, I am a little nervous as i am doing this on my own but i dont think im the first person to do a contiki on my own.. :)

• 22 Mar 2012 Bronty said

Bronty

Hi Annarella, I am doing this tour on my own as well so fear not we can keep each other company :) I’m sure many others will be travelling like us.

• 22 Mar 2012 Danielle said

Danielle

I am so excited about this trip…I think I have been planning it for years. It’ nice to see there are a few other girls travelling on their own. On my last trip I think there was only 4 of us travelling on our own. Beth did you decide to join us?

• 23 Mar 2012 BethC said

BethC

I sure did decide to join. So keen for it. I am also travelling ‘lone wolf’ style so it’s nice to know I won’t be the only one.

• 24 Mar 2012 AnnaMaria said

AnnaMaria

Oh well my mind has been put at ease that i wont be the only person travelling on her own… I look forward to meeting with you all in Berlin, and i am counting down the days as this trip is a trip of a life time !! I havent been to eastern europe so its def going to be something different… I will be at the hotel from the 17th as im spending a day in berlin before we start the tour. I am 29 from Perth,Australia…. how about the rest of you ? :)

• 24 Mar 2012 Bronty said

Bronty

I will be in Berlin 2 days before it starts (after doing the russia tour), hopefully I can meet up with some of the travellers and see some museums. Also 28 from Sydney.

• 3 Apr 2012 Kaci said

Kaci

Finally decided which date would be feasible and this date range appears to be the one…Can’t wait to meet you all!!! Let the count down begin, for me, that is :)

• 3 Apr 2012 Danielle said

Danielle

137 days to go….not that I am counting at all :-)
    Bronty I don’t fly in from Brisbane until the morning of the tour but hopefully we can meet up before the tour starts that night and explore a little during the day.

• 4 Apr 2012 BethC said

BethC

Definitely not counting at all ;)
    I will be in Berlin the night before it starts it would be great to all meet up during the day before the tour.
    I am 19 from Cooma (near Canberra), Australia.

• 4 Apr 2012 Bronty said

Bronty

Hey Danielle would love to, I should hopefully know my way around a fair bit by then which may help. Beth my family is from Adaminaby, near Cooma (love it down there), would love to meet up. I can’t wait to this starts, already got my eastern europe language book, so won’t accidentally order the tripe soup thats mentioned so often…

• 4 Apr 2012 Danielle said

Danielle

Oh my god I hadn’t even thought about the language barrier best I get myself one of those books and get cracking on the study lol.Oh and I am 31 and from Brisbane.

• 6 Apr 2012 AnnaMaria said

AnnaMaria

I am starting to get even more excited now, however Danielle you kind of scared me when you said its only 137 days away, it really made me have a reality check :) Oh great so its sounds like a few of us will be there the day or 2 before which will be handy.. hmm i didn’t think about the language barrier but I’m sure we will be able to wing it if we have too …. Look forward to meeting with girls before the tour starts..

• 8 Apr 2012 Bronty said

Bronty

language barrier shouldn’t be too bad, as most of the time we will be on the tour. I got the book mainly just to know stuff for the airport and ordering food. I can not wait to stuff myself with german food!

• 29 May 2012 Kaci said

Kaci

Hi everyone, the Berlin airport is under construction/renos so you may be re-routed else in Berlin, most likely Berlin Tegel….

• 30 May 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

im doing this tour starting june 8th!! if you ladies have any questions feel free to ask. i get back june 21st. I will post a advice about this tour in a post probably after!! Happy Travels

• 30 May 2012 Kaci said

Kaci

Thanks Travelbugs,. feel free to inform us of any necessary heads ups, looking forard to your post. Have fun on your trip!

• 30 May 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

totally!! im super excited!! the waiting is killing me. I leave next friday whoo!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion