Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who's doing to 20th September 2012 Oktoberfest?

10 Feb 2012 Elisha asked

Elisha

Myself and a friend are doing our first overseas trip without parents and are really looking forward to this, bring on Oktoberfest!

• 10 Feb 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

ME!… but you already knew that ;-)

• 10 Feb 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Haha, yep!

• 8 Mar 2012 Karen said

Default_avatar

I am booked for the 7 day camping. I am quite excited!

• 8 Mar 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Hi Karen!
    So am I, starting from London?

• 9 Mar 2012 Karen said

Default_avatar

Arriving in London in the morning and will stay for a few nights after we return to London

• 13 Mar 2012 Shafran said

Default_avatar

Октовберфест – класная тема. Правда там пъют много пива, а это вредит здоровью человека. Более подробно можно прочитать на сайте о здоровье человека http://health-free.ru/

• 15 Mar 2012 Jackson(: said

Jackson(:

Me!! However I’m starting in Munich instead of London :)
    Payed it off today, so excited now :D

• 26 Mar 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

It’s going to be fantastic guys!

• 5 Apr 2012 Emma112 said

Default_avatar

Im doing the 7 day hostel tour, who else is on that one?

• 5 Apr 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

I’m on the hostel tour departing London 20/9/12. What’s your departure date Emma?

• 5 Apr 2012 Emma112 said

Default_avatar

im on the same on as you, depart london on 20 sep :)

• 5 Apr 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

Ah cool, there are two buses leaving London that day and they’re both full :-D

Are you doing any other tours or sightseeing while in Europe?

• 25 Apr 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

I’m booked for the hostel version. I’m so excited. I’m leaving from London, and exploring Scotland and Ireland once I get back. I’m coming over alone, but I have friends in the camping tour.

• 1 May 2012 tmaracle12 said

tmaracle12

I’m doing the 7 day camping one, starting in London. So excited for this trip!

• 2 May 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Just over four months to go!
    Im so excited to be camping but hopefully we will get to mix with the hostel people as well.
    So looking forward to this!

• 5 May 2012 lukey said

lukey

Yeah Same, Booked The 29th Hostel One :) Looking forward to meeting up with any other Solo
    riders!

• 28 May 2012 OktoberfestChucky said

OktoberfestChucky

Hey Explorer, fellow Perthies and everyone else. Im looking to book my flights either this week or next week. Am I best to do the contiki tour (6 days either Hostel, Camping or Hotels) or just get a ticket for Oktoberfest and sort my own flights out etc. Doing the solo thing so Im very new to this. Im from Perth too Explorer. What date u leaving Perth?

• 3 Jun 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

Hey Chucky,
    From what I’ve read it can be very difficult/expensive trying to get accommodation in Munich during Oktoberfest. These tours are quite cheap and easy in comparison to trying to DIY, at the very least you’re on a bus with a bunch of other people who you can meet on the way to Munich and also the camping grounds and hostel will be full of other Contiki travellers as there are a bunch of buses heading over for Oktoberfest (I think 6 buses leave London on 20/9/12 for the camping and hostel tours).

As for Camping vs Hostel vs Hotel, if you’re into camping than that might be a very unique experience and I bet the camping grounds will be absolute madness. I went with the Hostel because I’ve heard the Hostel Contiki uses is very high quality (International Haus) and is not much more than the camping tour (extra $AUS150 over 7 days).

Hey Lance: how far along are you in your plans to tour Scotland and Ireland? I was looking to go before this tour but I’ve now only got 2 free days between my Topdeck tour and this one so I won’t have time. Going after this seems like a good idea. I have to get to Dublin for the Guinness factory and Temple Bar ;-)

• 4 Jun 2012 Roxy87 said

Roxy87

Hi!
    Myself, my husband and our Cousin and her husband are going!!!!!
    Cannot wait!!!

• 7 Jun 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Scott, I fly back to Vancouver on the 7th of October. I don’t have any solid plans or exact dates. Spending some time in London visiting a couple friends. Then with 2 of my canadian friends (they are in the camping tour) we are off to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dublin before I say good bye and head home, it’s the plan in motion anyways. Maybe I’ll do Stonehenge too!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion