Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who's doing to 20th September 2012 Oktoberfest?

10 Feb 2012 Elisha asked

Elisha

Myself and a friend are doing our first overseas trip without parents and are really looking forward to this, bring on Oktoberfest!

• 8 Jun 2012 Dirk said

Dirk

just booked today still spots available on the 7day hostel tour =) have a mate whos a sales rep for a belgium beer company who will be working the first week will hit him up bout getting into their tent and find out prices etc… cant wait!!

• 8 Jun 2012 Dirk said

Dirk

should look at doing a group contiki reservation, its free, but u need 10 peeps and ranges from 20-80euro for food and alcohol coupons…
    http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article/About+the+Oktoberfest/About+the+Oktoberfest/Info+and+tipps+for+your+beer+tent+trip/2223/

• 8 Jun 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Does anyone know if contki has some sort of reservation already made for us each day? Would make sense. I’ve done one contiki and they has lots of things already set up for the group.

• 13 Jun 2012 Dirk said

Dirk

hey guys, talked to a contiki consultant, she said they dont book reservations for contiki groups for octoberfest, but you can get in the big tents pretty easy as they open at midday and dont start getting packed till later, i think it may only be the smaller tents that need reservations as seats are limited… cant wait changed from the hostel to the camping tour instead, should be loose times… =P

• 14 Jun 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Im so looking forward to camping,
    It’s going to be seven days to remember, I think I may need to bring panadol though.

• 14 Jun 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

and Berocca ;-)

• 14 Jun 2012 Dirk said

Dirk

no need for either… hair of the dog solves all lifes problems for that week haha… =P theres a sweet burger shop in munich somewhere around, if i can remember where it is… lol best drunk burger ever! much like the one on how i met ur mother haha, ;) will probably head down to fussen to see king Ludwigs neuschwantstein castle if anyones keen for a day hiking…

• 18 Jun 2012 Herbert said

Herbert

I just booked the camping tour from the 21-27. I can’t wait! :-D

• 18 Jun 2012 Jackson(: said

Jackson(:

So excited guys! It’s coming along so quickly! Only 13 days until I get to Europe and 95 until Oktoberfest! Has anyone else checked-in to the tour yet?

• 25 Jul 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

Less than 2 months to go for my tour (20-26/9/12), get excited peeps :-D

I’m hitting Dublin the day after we get back to London staying in Temple Bar … Woot!!

• 25 Jul 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Dublin!!!! I’m planning on hitting it up too. My friends wants to go on a weekend so I may be going there first, after London. No rest from the party my friends!

• 25 Jul 2012 Herbert said

Herbert

More partying!? I have to go right back to work. No rest for the wicked. I plan on leaving it all out there.

• 25 Jul 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

You’re leaving Europe right away after Oktoberfest, Herb??? Should hit up Amsterdam with us before maybe.

• 26 Jul 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

Lance if you’re looking for a good day to hit Dublin, the day after we get back to London is ‘Arthur Day’ 27/9/12 and is a day in recognition of Arthur Guinness’… apparently there will be a massive street party/festival in Temple Bar for it with live bands etc so I’m catching a 9am-ish Ryanair flight to Dublin that morning ;-)

• 27 Jul 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

My Lederhosen arrived today :-D 3 weeks til I leave for Europe WOOT WOOT!!

• 27 Jul 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

You’re going in costume Scott?
    Great to hear! I won’t feel so silly in a Drindl haha

Scott84Perth

Hell yeah I am!! I reckon that’s half the fun isn’t it??

• 27 Jul 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Most definitely!
    Im as keen as a bean

• 27 Jul 2012 Jackson(: said

Jackson(:

Yes! I have to get the Lederhosen going too! Wouldn’t be oktoberfest without it :P Scott, do you think it’s better to buy them there or on the net?

Scott84Perth

Definitely go on ebay Jackson. I bought mine yesterday and paid express post all up for about $68 and it arrived today!!
    Mine came with a white lace up collared, white shirt and brown overall shorts and an ‘alpine hat’… but I reckon the hat kinda looks like an Indiana Jones hat :-/ Anyway, should be mad I reckon it’s worth doing ;-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion