Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who's doing to 20th September 2012 Oktoberfest?

10 Feb 2012 Elisha asked

Elisha

Myself and a friend are doing our first overseas trip without parents and are really looking forward to this, bring on Oktoberfest!

• 7 Aug 2012 Ballhanger said

Default_avatar

I am also leaving on the 20th, Looking forward to it, its the first day of my holiday after finishing the olympics. Got lederhosen ordered and can’t wait.

As for tables, if YOU havne’t booked one, head in about 8AM on opening day and get one. Or there is the pig pen……

Shaun

• 7 Aug 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Hi Shaun, you’re at the olympics?

Im really looking forward to this. I got my Dirndl last week.

Elisha.

• 7 Aug 2012 Ballhanger said

Default_avatar

I am working there, and finish up the day before. I organised it so I could do this, before I head back to Brisbane.

• 7 Aug 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Oh that’s awesome!

• 7 Aug 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Scott, I believe my friend and I will be on the same plane as you over to Dublin, after your comment we decided to hit Dublin first.

• 7 Aug 2012 Scott84Perth said

Scott84Perth

Ah sweet, if you’re looking for a good backpackers, I’m staying at Barnacles in Dublin which is right in Temple Bar

• 7 Aug 2012 Marco said

Marco

Booked on the 7 day camping tour from the 20th through to the 27th (and maybe longer….might catch a Bayern Munich game and take in some additional sights)!! Can’t wait! Anybody doing anything in London the night before? (Sept. 19th). I’m half german and haven’t been to Germany in a couple years…and this will be my first Oktoberfest so I’m screaming at my calendar to make the days go by faster!

LOS GEHTS!!!

• 12 Aug 2012 vix said

vix

Hi Guys!!
    I’ve just booked the 7days camping from the 20th-27th!!!! whooohoooo
    Anyway Im 22 and from New Zealand
    I can’t wait to get over there and start partying!!! :D

• 12 Aug 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Scott, looks like we’re staying at the Generator in Dublin, I hear its a good place. I’m there for 3 nights so I’m SURE their will be a party no matter where we end up ;) high on our Munich adventure…

Marco, I’m sure a bunch of us are in London a couple days before Munich. I know I’m already planning a couple nights of shenanigans.. the more the merrier ;)

• 13 Aug 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Hi Vix,
    Thats awesome! I think we’ve all pumped ourselves up, maybe more so for the pre drinks at this stage haha. Where abouts in NZ?

Speaking of Shenanigans guys, whats the worst that could happen if we got drunk and went to see the royal guards hahah. Bad idea?

• 13 Aug 2012 vix said

vix

Hi Elisha & Tiffany!!
    I know im so so pumped its crazy!!! lol ;) where are you girls from?
    Im from Auckland in NZ!
    So is everyone dressing up?

• 13 Aug 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Lederhosen has been ordered…..

• 13 Aug 2012 Elisha said

Elisha

Hi Vix,
    We’re from Perth, Australia but most most of my family are from Chch.
    Hell yeah we’re dressing up, got my dirndl the other week.
    - Elisha

• 13 Aug 2012 Marco said

Marco

+1 lederhosen are already packed…and they’re all the only thing packed so far…more than a month until the trip….guess I’m ready! haha

Lance, that sounds like a plan! I’ll be flying in 2-3 days prior and I think that a couple nights of shenanigans is exactly what needs to happen….also thinking about taking the train to Amsterdam though, never been and think I need to check it out and properly experience it, haha

Vix, WELCOME!!

• 13 Aug 2012 vix said

vix

sweettttttttttttttt!!!! Sounds awesome to me!! – will have to start looking for a dress!!
    We def should all catch up for a drink the night b4 the tour!!! :)

• 13 Aug 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

I’m doing Amsterdam just prior, Marco. Direct flight there. Then I fly to London. It’s a great place, I’ve been before. Very mellow. Sampling the local product is a must. Especially since coffee shops will no longer be open to tourist come January.

• 14 Aug 2012 Marco said

Marco

Lance-I remember reading something about that last week, concerning the coffee shops there only selling to citizens…so I’m definitely checking it out while I can! My little brother went there last year and said it was really awesome, so I’m going to give it a try and see if I’ll be able to remember the experience afterwards, ha…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion