Community_discussions_small  

Question

NEW YEAR TOUR - surfers or cairns?

10 Mar 2008 Jus asked

Default_avatar
HI
I am wanting to do the reefs and rainforest tour for new year this year. and u can either start in cairns which means i would be in cairns for new year, or start in sydeny which lines me up to be in Surfers paradise on new year. what would be the better place to party for new year?
  • 19 Mar 2008 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Surfers is more of a Fun place to be and Cairns is more relaxed. So it depends on what you like but either way it will be so much fun.

• 23 Mar 2008 brittany- 1986 said

Default_avatar

surfers for sure it goes off ppl everywhere only thing is if u are looking to spend new years in a nightclub usually u have to pre book tickets and they can be quite costley but defiantly worth it. let me know if any other help u need

• 27 Mar 2008 Explorer1080406 said

Default_avatar

Both are great options! I mean, how many people get to say they go to Surfers or Cairns for New years!

In Cairns, you should go to the Woolshed on New Years and dance on the tables! (Seriously, everyone does it! good fun!)

In Surfers, you’re much more central and there are lots of places to go out, very close by.

Have a really good trip! Whichever place you end up at, you’ll have the best time with everyone on tour!

• 28 Mar 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

Surfers goes off no matter is happening! its just like that naturally – a party place by the beach.
    If you go to surfers and plan to get any sleep at all, i would suggest not booking accomodation on the main street, but a few streets back. You will still be really central but not right in the middle of it all.

• 29 Mar 2008 Ryan said

Ryan

I’ll be in Surfers for New Years, anyone else?!?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.