Community_discussions_small  

Question

New York - New Year

11 Feb 2012 hanmontana2011 asked

hanmontana2011

Anyone doing (or done previously) the New Year contiki in New York? I'm considering this... If you have done it, is it worth it?

• 22 Feb 2012 Emily__ said

Emily__

Hi,

I’m planning on doing this tour! I’ve just booked flights but still deciding whether to do NYE with contiki or alone.

• 22 Feb 2012 hanmontana2011 said

hanmontana2011

i’ve booked the tour… just working out my flights and stuff now.

Emily__

Nice! We were going to book the tour but then found out the accom is in Brooklyn – is that what you got? I’d rather stay in Manhattan… it’d be annoying to travel in and out everyday. What are your thoughts?
    We’re doing Best of USA first too, by the way – that’s all booked and paid. So very excited!

• 22 Feb 2012 hanmontana2011 said

hanmontana2011

i dont think its a big deal to travel from Brooklyn – everyone will have to and exploring brooklyn will be cool as well… Before i get to NYC, i’m doing a week in San Fran and a week in Boston, then 2 weeks in NYC, finishing with the contiki… exciting :)

Emily__

Oh nice! You might be in San Fran the same time as us – we’ll be there 16/12-19/12 and we get to New York on 22/12 until 03/01
    I am so beyond excited but it’s still so far away!
    I read a review on the last NY, NY and they said 1 group of people stayed in Manhattan and two other groups stayed in Brooklyn. I just thought it would be easier to walk to Times Square and stuff. Plus we’ve already been to New York before so we know how the subway and everything works lol. But I guess it depends where abouts in Brooklyn they stay… Do you know the hotel details yet?
    If you have facebook we can chat on there, much easier – www.facebook.com/emilystow

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion