Community_discussions_small  

Question

New York & Grand Northern

11 Feb 2012 LeahR asked

LeahR

Hi guys.
My name is Leah. I'm 26.
Just wondering if anyone is going on the 4 day New York tour August 7th then the Grand Northern August 10th.
Hope to chat to people before i go.
Cant wait.

• 2 Mar 2012 Emma said

Emma

Hey Leah,
    Me and my friend Sam (both 21) are doing the Grand Northern on the 10th :)
    Are you all booked and ready to rock and roll?!

• 3 Mar 2012 LeahR said

LeahR

HI Emma.
    It’s great to hear from someone else on the tour. I cant wait. Everything is booked and payed for. When are you and Sam getting into New York?

• 4 Mar 2012 Emma said

Emma

Yeah this is my first Contiki tour so I didn’t know they had these discussion groups. It’s such a great idea!
    Me and Sam are actually starting our journey July 7th because we are doing the Grand Southern tour first and then we’ll be in New York for 5 days until this tour starts. So we’ll be going LA to NY then NY to LA! We’re so excited :D
    So are you travelling solo??

• 5 Mar 2012 LeahR said

LeahR

Wow that sounds awesome. This will my 5th Contiki tour. They are the best ways to travel. Yeah i’m travelling on my own, I’m doing the Grand Northern then my sister is meeting me in LA. We are travelling around for 2 weeks then off to Hawaii. Are you staying at the New York Sheraton Brooklyn?

• 15 Mar 2012 Emma said

Emma

Sorry for the mega late reply!
    Wow that sounds great. Hawaii is on my list of places to go at some point!
    Yeah we are staying at the Sheraton in Brooklyn, you’ll be there too?

• 18 Mar 2012 LeahR said

LeahR

Thats cool.
    Yeah I’m staying at the Sheraton too. I can’t wait.
    Cant wait to meet you guys. We are going to have the best time. ha ha.
    Have you heard from any other people on tour? This is my first getting in contact with people before a trip.

• 18 Mar 2012 LeahR said

LeahR

Thats cool.
    Yeah I’m staying at the Sheraton too. I can’t wait.
    Cant wait to meet you guys. We are going to have the best time. ha ha.
    Have you heard from any other people on tour? This is my first getting in contact with people before a trip.

• 18 Mar 2012 Rach_91 said

Rach_91

Hi Ladies!

A friend and i am heading on the Grand Northern leaving New York on the 3rd August…we’ll be in NY 3days prior to tour…this is our first contiki …don’t know what to expect..little nervous but so so keen to meet some people and have a great time!! Have either of you been to the US before? :)

• 19 Mar 2012 ChristopherGA85 said

Default_avatar

https://www.facebook.com/groups/375375789156124/

For the Grand Northern August 3rd

• 21 Mar 2012 Emma said

Emma

Yeah how exciting to meet up in New York haha
    Nope, you’re my first contact Leah!!
    Rach, you’ll just miss us!! We don’t get into New York until the 6th August! – This is my first Contiki but I’ve done a Top Deck tour through Europe which was amazing so i’m hoping the experience will be similar. Never been to the US so I’m super pumped. Have you been??

• 21 Mar 2012 LeahR said

LeahR

Hi Rach.

Don’t be nervous. Contiki is fantastic. This trip will be my 4th & 5th, New York explore and Grand Northern. Everyone is on tour for the same reason, to travel and have an amazing time. You will have heaps of late nights early mornings and you will get sick so bring of cold and flu tablets with you. Ha ha.
    Have a great time :)

• 21 Mar 2012 LeahR said

LeahR

Hi Emma.

Fantastic. Catch ya in New York. Cant wait. I have just cleaned out my wardrobe. cant wait for the shopping.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.