Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Berlin Prague Tour

6 May 2009 Explorer1125633 said

Default_avatar
Hi,

I took this tour which was going from Berlin all the way till Budapest. BUt I took off after Prague since I had another tour planned afterwards. The tour manager was terrible. his name was Paul. He was from South Africa and was only interested in brinking poeple to the next beer bar or drinking joint. He wasnted very forth coming with information. Teh reason we concluded was he has been with Contiki for way too long(close to 7 yrs) and was going to start his own touring company back in South Africa. He was more interested in promoting that rather. He was quite jovial. But from a Tour manager, I woudl expect information and more history about places. The included meals were terrible. SOme of the authentic meals for which we paid for were also pathetic. I think paying of r any of the optionsl was a waste of money since it wasnt worth the price. You can have a decent meal on your own budget than pay the price Contiki asks for. The walking tour dyuring the day was worth doing for the price. The guide was very enthusiatic and was forth coming with information. He could have been our guide for whole of Berlin rather than Paul. When we went to the concentration camps, we were left on our own without any information. While other touring companies had their guide walk along with them inside the camps and explain stuff. Something similar happened in Dresdan. We were given horrible maps and we were left to wander around in the city for 3 hours. The price paid for this tour should have included the guide walking with us and explaining stuff. But no! That wasnt the case. On the last day in Berlin, the tour manager suggested the most crappiest place for dinner. He said its a superb place and food is really cheap. But the bill ofcourse doesnt say that. Any decent entree is not less than 15Eu. Thats not cheap. Fries were around 8Eu. Drinks were more than 10EU. It was waste of our time and money. The czech meal was definitely not worth the price. The service was pathetic and if few people had dietery requirements, tghey were served terrible food instead. For example one of the girls in the group is allergic to garlic but she eats other stuff. What she got was boiled water with some carrots in it. One of the girls dont eat pork but eats duck and chicken. But Mr Paul got confused and did not bring Pork nor Duck intead got cheap chicken legs while everyone else was having rich meal. Shouldnt the food be served according to the price paid. If someone is vegetarian or does not eat pork or beef. THese meals are terrible since you would get other cheaper meat or boiled vegetables instead. Accomodations were alright on these tours but breakfast was terrible. Included dinners were terrible. Overall total diappointment. Only advantage of taking contiki is you meet people and make friends.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.