Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Dinner in Rome

8 Aug 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar
My friends birthday is the day we travel from florence to Rome and as there is no Contiki dinner or optional dinner for that night I want to take her out to dinner for her birthday. Can anyone recommend a nice place thats not overly expensive?
Thanks Bek.
  • 8 Aug 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I think the technique of getting lost, finding a few places and looking at their menus works out the best. I know if it were me I would probably never find a specific restaurant if someone told me where it was (unless it was right near a big monument). I had my best meals at random restaurants I walked into on some random street. Just watch out for service charges in Rome. One that has “no service, no cover” is good if its in your price range. Don’t want to get screwed on a sitting fee.

• 8 Aug 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Most of the better non touristy places are just off the main streets. Get yourself the Rick Steves rome book and also look at www.ricksteves.com in their forums for ideas. You might also want to try finding a nice local deli and getting some stuff to go and there is a great park area near the Borghese Gallery thats a nice long stroll. I would also ask the ladies at www.tripadvisor.com there are several who live there and have some great ideas.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion