Community_discussions_small  

Question

GIRLS ONLY QUESTION

13 Feb 2012 AussieExplorer2012 asked

AussieExplorer2012

So girls im curious when im travelling how do i deal with my period.
How did you cope? Did you buy stuff overseas? bring stuff from AUSTRALIA..
Im asking because yeah well im a girl.

So any advice girls about this would be appreciated.

• 29 Feb 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

okay thank you :)

• 29 Feb 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

Just saying: I think it’s cheaper to buy pads and tampons in NZ…thinking about the currency conversion and all. Although it’s way more convenient if you have it with you to begin with. Girlfriends of mine used a Moon Cup when they were going around Asia and swear by it. But probably a lot less hassle if you BYO.

AussieExplorer2012

okay thx for the advice :)

AussieExplorer2012

Okay so ladies ur saying i need to bring lots of pills – and ensure that i have stuff to explain to customs. Pads from AUSTRALIA and take with me. Anything else? wow how much do these pills cost ladies?

AussieExplorer2012

what is a moon cup…sounds weird. I only use pads i dont use weird stuff.

AussieExplorer2012

I just googled it and omg it freaks me out. Im gonna go to my gp and ask her about all this stuff.

AussieExplorer2012

i never use tampons because i prefer external sanitary products so i stick with what im comfortable with using.

AussieExplorer2012

Girls with Naprogesic – in australia we have nurofen period pain…wont that help me? Im familar with this brand more.

• 29 Feb 2012 Jasmin said

Jasmin

Naprogesic is available in Australia at any chemist.
    Naprogesic is specifically for period pain and is a lifesaver.
    ‘Nurofen – period pain’, would probably work just as well but I pefer Naprgesic. -

• 1 Mar 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

Okay so ladies. ADVICE this is more specific now. LADIES that went overseas and didnt take the sugar pil and had their monthly period during travels. did you cope? was it okay? Cause i dont want to bother taking pills and personally i can cope with period pain – i mentally ignore it. ADVICE ladies who had their period during their contiki travel.

• 3 Mar 2012 BecS said

BecS

I’m sure you’ll be able to cope. I get it pretty awful sometimes (to the point where I’m puking) and I survived. Just cross your fingers that there’s no swimming involved whilst you’ve got it if you stick to pads only.

And back to Naprogesic and Nurofen ‘period pain’. If you look at all the Nurofen tablets, they all contain Ibuprofen. You end up paying more just because it says ‘period pain’ on the packet. Naprogesic are much more effective in my opinion, and you’ll definitely be able to cope with your period if you have some on hand. Just bring some small plastic baggies to wrap your stuff up before chucking it in an open bin which you’ll be sharing with a bunch of other people.

And the pill costs about $20.

• 3 Mar 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

Okay if im considering doing white water rafting. how do you deal with this – use a tampon?

AussieExplorer2012

also i dont get to the point of puking – i just have bad period pain (depends each time) before my period arrives and its mild pain during my period. its heavy sometimes but yeh. i always have to change it every few hours. Advice ladies. this is something im worried about during my travels – dont wana let this bring my trip down.

• 3 Mar 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

actually ask the gyno or ur mum we arent doctors or ur mum no offence

• 3 Mar 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

and nov 21st isnt exactly soon

• 3 Mar 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

and if ur 12 how in the world are u even on this site??

AussieExplorer2012

yeah if ur 12 you shouldnt be asking these questions. and dont ask on here WE DONT KNOW HOW TO ANSWER. Ask a professional or your mum or something. Dont come on here and ask us a complicated question about something we have no idea what ur talking about.

• 13 Mar 2012 Dee said

Dee

I’m on the pill (contraception) and it can be doubled over to be used in order to skip your monthly annoyance. lol
    All you have to do is skip the sugar pill and continue on with the same pill you take every other day. But bring some lady stuff, just incase!!

• 13 Mar 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

i dont want to use birth control pills ive used them once for one main reason. i am not going back on them.

• 4 Jul 2012 TravellingKat said

TravellingKat

I am going to skip in Europe when I go in a months time. I have an app on my phone which reminds me every day so that will be very helpful with the huge time zone difference. Also, I dare say you will have no problems buying stuff overseas as, well, there are females in need everywhere! One thing though, I have been told that not many people use Tampons in Europe so if you prefer these over pads then make sure you have your own stash. One other thing… if you aren’t on the pill and don’t know when you are going to “start” it could be quite embarrasing if you are stuck on the bus… so be prepared.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.