Community_discussions_small  

Question

Do you think this is a little corny???

23 May 2008 Explorer1095870 asked

Default_avatar
So my understanding is that alot of the people Im travelling with are going to be from Aus/NZ...Im sure theres some from the US too. Im sure we have to introduce ourselves to everyone at the beginning of the tour...so I was thinking...

Im from California and I was thinking of bringing something small (like a keychain or something) that was California related to give to everyone. I thought it was kinda a cool idea...but then thought it was really corny...so I dunno.

Any input??
  • 26 May 2008 schroedie said

schroedie

if someone brought tim tams to hand out to tour mates, i would be that person’s intant best friend and follow him or her everywhere! i LOVE tim tams and they are so hard to find here in the states where i live.

i at packs of tim tams with peanut butter spread on them when i did my contiki australia, and i go out of my way to the import shops here to pay exorbitant amounts of money to get them at home!

you would have my heart forever if you brought me a few of them on tour!

• 26 May 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

I don’t think you could bring them over very easily- when my mate was in England we sent country specific treats back and forth and EVERY package was opened by immigration and sent on with a brochure on what can and can’t be sent. I wouldnt want them going through your luggage on account of chocolate biscuits.
    However Tim Tams are awesome and would be excellent for the winter tours for some good old tim tam slammers…dammit now I have to go out and buy some with all this talk.

• 27 May 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

on my US tour I was the only american (aside from the weird guy from american that no one liked). At the end of the tour the Aussies gave me a little australia flag which I still have. I also have koala’s that say “i love australia” they hang on my blinds in my bedroom. One of my roommates also gave me a New Zealand T-shirt. I think it’s a nice touch.

• 27 May 2008 Explorer1095870 said

Default_avatar

Oh man I remember when I went to Aus/NZ in 2000…I loved TimTams…oh so good.

What are some things that Aussies like that maybe you miss in US…Maybe I can bring some with me. I was told by someone…when I traveled over there that Aussies like Jelly Beans…so I went to the Jelly Belly factory close to my house and picked up a few bags.

…kinda heavy in the suitcase though…dont think Ill do that again

• 28 May 2008 Explorer1095870 said

Default_avatar

Peanut Butter cups? ….Like Reeses? I like Jolly Ranchers too. I think I might bring some of those

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.