Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Mediterranean Highlights May 18 (Start Madrid)

15 Feb 2012 MikeNashville said

MikeNashville

Hello. This will be my third Contiki tour (I have also done the Athens/Greek Island Cruise as well as Eastern Road) so needless to say, I am pumped! I still talk to many of the people from my previous experiences so I am looking forward to meeting new people. Anyone else going on this trip? If so, where are you from? I live in downtown Nashville, Tennessee in the USA. If you have any questions, comments, etc. let me know. Regardless, give me a shout out so we can have a discussion thread with everyone in the group!

• 15 Feb 2012 krod said

Default_avatar

Hi there, I’m going on this tour too. It’s my first Contiki tour, so I’m very excited! I’m from LA in California.

• 15 Feb 2012 MikeNashville said

MikeNashville

This will be your first of many. Contiki does a great job balancing the sightseeing and experiencing the culture.

• 24 Feb 2012 Explorer1248635 said

Default_avatar

i’m going!! i went on the italian espresso tour last may and had a blast! this year i’m going with two friends. i’m from boston, but my friends are from jersey. so stoked for this trip!!

• 16 Apr 2012 mdelprad said

mdelprad

I’m going too! It’s my first trip, and first time out of the country. I go to Arizona State University. Do you veterans have any tips on staying safe? My whole family is worried that I’m going to get mugged lol.

• 16 Apr 2012 Explorer1248635 said

Default_avatar

i would say be aware of your surroundings and don’t wonder off by yourself. just trust your instincts. if something doesn’t feel right then it probably isn’t. you’ll be with the group for most of the time so chances are you’ll never be alone.

Default_avatar

i would say be aware of your surroundings and don’t wonder off by yourself. just trust your instincts. if something doesn’t feel right then it probably isn’t. you’ll be with the group for most of the time so chances are you’ll never be alone.

Default_avatar

Default_avatar

• 16 Apr 2012 MikeNashville said

MikeNashville

I agree. You will very quickly get to know everyone in the group and at any given time will be with several people, so definitely do not be shy on day 1! Since I am 6 foot 3 and 250, I don’t get bothered too much haha. But in all seriousness the only time I have heard any issues occur is if someone drinks themselves beyond oblivion and walks down a strange alley by themselves. Also, there may be a lot of gypsies that are very good at pickpocketing, so I usually use a hidden pouch for my cash and cards.

• 17 Apr 2012 mdelprad said

mdelprad

Thanks for the advice! …..I’m a 5’2" 110lb girl….. So we should be friends lol

• 17 Apr 2012 MikeNashville said

MikeNashville

Haha no worries, you will have a great time! Also wanted to ask, is anyone staying an extra day in Rome?

• 24 Apr 2013 heitau said

Default_avatar

Hi. I’m joining you guys on this trip from San Jose, CA. It’s my first contiki and euro trip. so Excited and a little anxicous about the trip. Hope we have a great time! Any tips to prep myself for the tirp?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.