Community_discussions_small  

Question

Any last minute advice before I set off?

24 Jun 2010 Explorer1176286 asked

Default_avatar
I am leaving for my 3 week trip in a weeks time, any last advice?

Anything I may have forgotten?

Thank you Smiler
  • 24 Jun 2010 Explorer1190546 said

Default_avatar

drink lots and try everything

• 25 Jun 2010 Explorer1167996 said

Default_avatar

try all optional activities..you’ll like them all even if youre not sure at first!

• 25 Jun 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1167996:
    try all optional activities..you’ll like them all even if youre not sure at first!

I disagree, some of the optionals are horrible and not worth the money. For example river cruise in Prauge. Remember that your tour manager is also a sales person, they make their living off: how many people they get to do optionals, the things you buy at certain shopping opportunities, as well as some of the bars/nightclubs you go to.

I would just suggest go out as much as possible and try to nap or sleep on the bus. If there is a certain city you want to be able to see as much as possible… say you’ve always wanted to see Rome and have a list of things you want to see, the night before try not to stay out too late so you can get a good nights rest and get up early that day. Be open to trying new things and def try the local food!

• 2 Jul 2010 Explorer1153090 said

Explorer1153090

Why would you not suggest the river cruise on Prague? I am going in a couple weeks and was thinking of doing the cruise

• 2 Jul 2010 socalgal said

Default_avatar

I happened to like the Prague river cruise. My entire tour group went. Had a nice lunch on the boat and got to hear a lil bit of the history of the city as we just chilled out for a bit.

• 2 Jul 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1153090:
    Why would you not suggest the river cruise on Prague? I am going in a couple weeks and was thinking of doing the cruise

For $32, you get a luke warm small buffet and two drinks. IMO it is a huge waste of time and money because you do not see much of the city from the river, the woman who gives you the history is very very boring and has a horrible accent and will point out spots where mission impossible and xxx were filmed about 25 times… lol

You are better off exploring your city on your own, if I remember 30 minutes or more of the boat ride was spent in the “locks” because you have to go to a higher and lower elevation. I think since most people are asked to pay for optionals at the start they forget how much they paid for certain mediocre or bad optionals. If these cruises were in the states they would be shut down for having their food at room temperature on the buffet.

This is just my opinion, maybe some people enjoy this sort of stuff? Just trying to save people from wasting their money.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion