Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer 13th June 2012?

16 Feb 2012 xjodieleex asked

xjodieleex

Has anyone booked on the Aussie Explorer starting in Darwin on 13th June 2012?

• 16 Apr 2012 Dennis said

Dennis

hey, was thinking about booking this one or the same tour but starts in sydney on june 9. i know this post was a while ago but did you end up booking it?

• 16 Apr 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

Hey, yeah I booked it and still yet to find someone on the same tour starting in Darwin but I was speaking to someone going on the same tour starting in Sydney. Her username is Elizabeth.E if you wanted to speak to her :)

• 17 Apr 2012 Dennis said

Dennis

hey, i think im gonna go on this tour with the sailing in whitsundays. also i plan on going to darwin a couple days before the tour starts.

• 18 Apr 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

So will you be starting the tour in Darwin or Sydney?

• 19 Apr 2012 Dennis said

Dennis

i will be starting in darwin. are you doing the one with the sailing or without?

• 19 Apr 2012 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m going on this tour in August and would appreciate any feedback / tips etc. have an amazing time.

Debbie x

• 29 Apr 2012 Lisa said

Lisa

Hey, just got my confirmation for this tour, starting in darwin… so jodie & tiger, you’re my travelmates ;)?

• 29 Apr 2012 Dennis said

Dennis

hey lisa, are you doing the one with sailing at whitsundays or without sailing?

• 29 Apr 2012 Lisa said

Lisa

i won’t do the sailing.. i thought it s still the same tour, isn t it? just the 3 days at whitsundays are different, right?

• 29 Apr 2012 Dennis said

Dennis

ya it looks like the same tour besides the sailing part. haha. why dont you want to do the sailing?

• 29 Apr 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

hey guys, its good to be able to talk to people on the same tour before hand :) are you travelling alone Lisa? I spoke to contiki the other day and they said the tour is starting from the travelodge in Darwin. Will you be staying in the travelodge the night before?

• 29 Apr 2012 Lisa said

Lisa

yeah it’s really cool to have that platform here. please apologize my poor english skills, i hope you guys understand me.. somehow ;)
    i will touch down in darwin early in the morning on 12th june and yes, i will stay in that travelodge thing.. so would be great to meet up that day to explore a bit of darwin – suppose you stay there, too, jodie? supercool, since i’m travelling alone, yes…

and i prefer solid floor instead of water under my feet – no sailing for me :-/ seems like everybody wants to do the sailing..?! wow :)

• 29 Apr 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

i can understand you perfectly dont worry :)
    yes i havent booked flights or the travelodge yet but i will be arriving on the 12th so we could definitely meet up and explore Darwin before hand
    I’m not doing the sailing either, and i’m not sure if the sailing tour travels with our tour i think it might be separate
    I hope you dont mind me asking, but how much spending money are you taking? And what are your plans for after the tour hasd ended? Will you just be flying back home?

• 29 Apr 2012 katherine said

katherine

Hi all, I am thinking of booking the same tour on the 13th, but probably without the sailing. Im travelling alone and thinking of living and working around Cairns on the islands for a while after the tour if possible. I will also be arriving in Darwin around midday on the 12th June.

• 8 May 2012 Katie said

Katie

Hi guys! I have just joined this tour aswell and am so excited already! It’s nice to finally find some people on this tour! I am going to look into booking the travelodge for the night before it all starts in Darwin aswell so may meet you there! Is anyone flying from London and interested in coordinating?!

• 8 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

Hi Katie, I have not booked on this one after all, I am doing the shorter Outback Tour instead. I believe they are the same people on the tour I just stop at Alice Springs instead of going onto the east coast. I am travelling from Heathrow on the 10th June which lands on 12th June.

• 9 May 2012 Katie said

Katie

Oh awesome, i’m travelling from heathrow as well on that day! booking flights as we speak..! I have also now booked the travelodge for the night before it all starts so will meet you guys there!

• 9 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

Oh wicked, what time is your flight? I’m not staying at the travelodge as saving my pennies as i am travelling after the tour. I am staying in a hostel 10 mins away instead :o( I will go to the pre your evening meet up though!!

• 9 May 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

Hey guys, i’m flying from heathrow on the 10th too, my flight is at 10:30pm and it arrives at midday on the 12th i think so i have also booked the travelodge on the 12th :)

• 9 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

Oh what a conincidence, I leave at 10.30pm too so we are on the same flight. Wish I have booked the travelodge now, its just far to much money for a room :o( Should I make a facebook page for our tour so we can chat on there?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.