Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer 13th June 2012?

16 Feb 2012 xjodieleex asked

xjodieleex

Has anyone booked on the Aussie Explorer starting in Darwin on 13th June 2012?

• 9 May 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

Awesome! We could even meet before we check in so we get seats together :) I know it was so expensive! But I didn’t wanna miss out on any meet ups or events to get to know people. Yeah that would be good :)

• 9 May 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

Awesome! We could even meet before we check in so we get seats together :) I know it was so expensive! But I didn’t wanna miss out on any meet ups or events to get to know people. Yeah that would be good :)

• 9 May 2012 Katie said

Katie

I think I’m on a slightly earlier flight and arrive at the crack of dawn on the 12th! Plan on chilling by the pool at the travelodge most of the day! Just so you know Katherine I booked the travelodge today through contiki over the phone for £35 in a quad which isn’t too bad :)

• 9 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

Thanks Katie I will ring them tomo as the prices online were only for a double and were £160!! Jodie I ant figure out how to add a public group so people I don’t know can access it so if you want to chat before we leave and arrange a meet up etc my facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/kathharveyuk x

• 10 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

I have managed to get booked into a quad room stare at the travelodge :o)

• 10 May 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

oh cool! we could even meet before we check in so we get a seat together if u wanted :) it is expensive but i didnt wanna miss out on another meet ups or events with the group in the hotel….yeah that would be better! my name is jodie lee thomas if u want to add me :)

• 10 May 2012 xjodieleex said

xjodieleex

sorry guys i just realised i put the same message on here 3 times lol….i wasnt sure if it went on coz i wrote it from my phone!

• 10 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

Katie have you ever done a tour before?

• 11 May 2012 Katie said

Katie

No! But I lived in australia when I was very young and have always wanted to go back :) there must be quite a few foreign travellers on this tour, do you guys think it’s just us coming from England?

• 11 May 2012 Lisa said

Lisa

seems to become a tour with many english girls ;-) really looking forward meeting you!

• 12 May 2012 katherine said

katherine
    So excited only 29 sleeps until I fly!! :o)
  • 12 May 2012 Julie said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I’m hoping to go on the Aussie Explorer too, though it will probably be later in the year (hoping to book for September). Sorry if I’m intruding in your forum, I was just wondering for those of you that have already booked, what type of rooms did you book? I’m travelling on my own so I was thinking of booking a single room, though it is quite expensive. Was just wondering what the majority of other people doing a similar trip were doing? Thanks in advance :)

• 12 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

Contiki do a quad room at the travelodge the night before the tour but it was wasn’t available online so would suggest ringing them. The single/double rooms are extortionate! With regards to the trip itself I have booked a quad room as travelling alone so don’t mind sharing to meet people :o) hope that helps!

• 13 May 2012 Julie said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the reply, haven’t decided what I’ll do yet, first time travelling on my own so I wouldn’t be used to sharing. I have a while to decide anyways. Have you ever travelled with contiki before?

• 13 May 2012 katherine said

katherine

I have never travelled alone or done a tour before I am also a first timer. A friend of a friend is on a contiki europe tour atm as is loving it. I thought the prices for the tours if you wdidnt share were outrageous that’s why I booked a quad room.

• 17 May 2012 Lisa said

Lisa

concerning your question, julie: what i didn’t know before: as a single-traveller you can only book a single or a quad room. booking a double room is only for those who travel as a couple (friend/boyfriend) my travel agency told me. i wanted to take a doubleroom, too, but it’s just not possible since i’m travelling alone and couldn’t name a partner who will share this doubleroom with me!

• 17 May 2012 Julie said

Default_avatar

Thanks Lisa and Katherine for the replies, didn’t know that about the double room, I thought I could book that as a compromise. Don’t think I will be going on the Aussie Explorer after all. After looking at the dates I think its too long for me to fit in while I’m in Australia as I will also be visiting relatives while I’m over there. I might try do one of the shorter ones though. Thanks again!

• 27 May 2012 Explorer1167721 said

Default_avatar

Hi everybody :) My name is Martine Stenersen and from Norway :) Im going on this contiki-tour 13.june, start Darwin (no sailing) :) maybe we can find eachother on facebook? Im looking forward to meet you all :)

• 30 May 2012 Ashlea said

Ashlea

Hey guys!
    Just to let you know, this tour is Awesome! you’re gonna have so much fun! I just finished mine on the 11th May…..and so sad its over now! If you’ve got questions, ill be happy to help out.

• 30 May 2012 Katie said

Katie

Hey Ashlea! Its nice to hear such a positive response! Im getting really excited now…so much stuff to organise though before I leave! Were you travelling on your own as well? If you dont mind me asking…how much money did you take with you and how much of it did you spend?? I havent a clue what to bring! Do you have any tips that you wish you had known before you went? Just any details would be amazing to know what to expect! hope your enjoying being back home :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion