Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer 13th June 2012?

16 Feb 2012 xjodieleex asked

xjodieleex

Has anyone booked on the Aussie Explorer starting in Darwin on 13th June 2012?

• 1 Jun 2012 Ashlea said

Ashlea

Yep it was my first big trip going solo! Scary at first, but worth it! I’m not sure how much money i took, but i drew about $200 and that would last me about a week i think, but then i wasn’t drinking up a storm every night either. Take as much as you can, it is an expensive country. there are so many optional extras as well, which you don’t want to miss out on.
    Be prepared for lots of bus time, the distances between places are huge and you spend a lot of time driving, but its a great way to see the countryside.
    My highlights were Uluru, Scuba diving on the great barrier reef (first time! and i loved it) and the Whitsunday islands. I did the 1 day sailing option instead of the 2 day, it was fantastic! A lot of the people said the 1 day sailing was great and more than enough. We didnt feel like we missed out anything from the 2 day sail.

• 1 Jun 2012 Explorer1167721 said

Default_avatar

:D Was it anything you had brought with you that you did not need? What do you recommend packing? I think it is going to be tricky to just have 20 kg for one month, even more on the way back! Was Whitsundays as spectacular as it is on the google-photoes? :P

• 1 Jun 2012 Ashlea said

Ashlea

Whitsundays was amazing! But you have to do one of the sailing trips to really experience the islands, it is absolutely beautiful, Whitehaven beach is one of the top beaches in the world…you gotta be there!
    I packed high heels, which i wore once. Oz is very casual so you can get away with just wearing nice flat sandals if you go out at night. You’ll need 1 or 2 warm jackets/jerseys. i had a few pairs of shorts and more shirts. take a pair of jeans. a rain jacket. hat. scarf. but you can do washing along the way. One girl I was travelling with had a tiny bag and a back pack, so it is possible to pack light.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion