Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

NZ AIRPORT DESTINATION TAX

17 Feb 2012 WorldTraveller25 asked

WorldTraveller25

So guys ive been reading my Lonely Planet guide to NZ.
It said that there is a destination tax of $25 for adults for leaving NZ (except Auckland) upon boarding the flight...its not included in the flight ticket price. Is this true?

Curious. advice fellow NZ travellers and Contiki travellers. Thx

• Read the responses 8 responses so far
  • 17 Feb 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

I went over a couple of years ao with my brother and dad and we didnt have to pay a tax
    but unless theyve changed it now

• 18 Feb 2012 Andrew Dalton said

Andrew Dalton

yes it is true my travel agent told me to make sure i have the 25 dollars on me

• 18 Feb 2012 Michelle said

Michelle

I flew out of Christchurch last july and didn’t have to pay the departure tax. It is now included in your plane ticket. Here is link for you http://www.christchurchairport.co.nz/AboutUs/MediaCentre/article-1828/final-day-for-25-departure-fee-marks-the-start-of-new-era/

• 18 Feb 2012 WorldTraveller25 said

WorldTraveller25

okay you sure?

• 18 Feb 2012 WorldTraveller25 said

WorldTraveller25

THANK YOU :) so its included in the plane ticket

• 21 Feb 2012 Explorer1304041 said

Default_avatar

Hey AussieExplorer2012, what airline are you flying on? Of the ones I have been on out of New Zealand (Air New Zealand and Emirates) they included mine on the price of the ticket, so I see no reason why this would not be the case with other airlines, best to double check though just call your airline. Have an awesome trip! :-)

• 21 Feb 2012 WorldTraveller25 said

WorldTraveller25

emirates im flying with them

• 21 Feb 2012 WorldTraveller25 said

WorldTraveller25

thank you :)

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.