Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia and Russia - Departing 1st July 2012

17 Feb 2012 Bradley_83 asked

Default_avatar

Booked today. Look forward to hearing from anyone else on this trip

• 17 Feb 2012 Sam_Iam said

Sam_Iam

I am planning on doing this trip but in June.

• 22 Feb 2012 alyece said

alyece

I’m going on this tour!! Already booked in…. So excited about it :) where abouts are you from??

• 22 Feb 2012 Bradley_83 said

Default_avatar

In Sydney, you?

alyece

Sydney too! :) are you traveling solo?

• 22 Feb 2012 Sam_Iam said

Sam_Iam

Well i went to book june but it was gone so now i am on this trip :)
    I’m from melbourne.

alyece

Really? That’s fantastic! I’m so glad I’ve found u guys lol. I put a post up in December but had no luck :(
    So where abouts are you both starting your trip? And what days are you flying in? I’m starting in Berlin and flying out of Sydney 29th June :)

• 23 Feb 2012 Bradley_83 said

Default_avatar

Hey, Travelling solo is the only way. I will be starting in Copenhagen. I leave Sydney on the 14th June and going on a surf trip prior, then calling into Prague for a couple nights before the tour. This is my second contiki. I did the 47 night europe trip in 2006 and loved it. Can’t wait for this one

• 23 Feb 2012 alyece said

alyece

God that sounds nice! Yea I have been told that solo is best. I’m a tad nervous though coz its my first time traveling by myself lol. I’m leaving in Warsaw and flying to London afterwards to do the 33 day European Explorer.. Then after a few days in London again I’m off to china to do the 12 day tour… And then I’m off to Thailand for two weeks lol. Massive trip but im realllllllly looking forward to it :)

• 23 Feb 2012 Sam_Iam said

Sam_Iam

Travelling solo is the best. i did the 45 day ultimate european tour in 2007 absolutly loved it!!
    I am leaving melb 16th June, heading to iceland first, then starting the trip from berlin getting in there on the 29th june. I am finishing the trip in Berlin then heading down to prague to do a diff tour for 9 days which takes me split, then heading back to London and spending a month or so just checking out all the places i haven’t seen.
    Everyones trips sound amazing..

• 24 Feb 2012 alyece said

alyece

Your trip sounds amazing too!! :) Are you going to the Olympics while you are in London? Glad ur starting in Berlin!! Just staying at the contiki hotel?
    Hey… Seeing as I’m a first-time traveller lol… Have you guys got any tips for me?? Like stuff you wish someone told you when you went on your big trips?

• 24 Feb 2012 Bradley_83 said

Default_avatar

Don’t over pack. Nothing worse then having to carry a heavy bag every single day on and off that bus. Sometimes the bus is unable to pull up out the front of the hostel or hotel and you have to carry it. The other thing is to have a bag with enough room in it so you can separate clean from dirty as when your in back to back 1 night towns, your not able to get the washing done in time.

• 25 Feb 2012 alyece said

alyece

That is going to be the hardest thing for me… Not to over pack. My suitcase was WAY over the size limit for contiki so I went out and bought a 4-wheeled one that fit the specifications. It looks soooooo small!!! :(

• 28 Feb 2012 Sam_Iam said

Sam_Iam

Exactly what Bradley has said, dont overpack! I was told before i went to pack my case, once done unpack it and half what your taking. This is still normally too much.
    You don’t need a different outfit for everyday your on the tour or your entire trip.
    With your toiletries (shampoo etc) dont bring big bottles pack a travel one, if you run out there are shops to buy it from along the way.
    Bring a double adaptor to plug into your country adaptor so you can charge your camera, phone, ipod whatever it might be at the same time.
    No i dont plan on going to the olympics i believe it is over once i get there. It would’ve been nice to go to them but it makes the trip a little more expensive.
    Yes i am staying in the contiki hotle, actually staying 2 nights because my flight from iceland leaves a day earlier then planned.
    Thats all i can think of at the moment. :)

• 8 Mar 2012 alyece said

alyece

Awesome tips… Thank you!! :) I’m the type of person who would pack a massive shampoo and conditioner lol so I won’t do that. N I never even thought of a double adapter… Really good idea!
    … Not long now guys!!! Just over 100 days :D

• 8 Mar 2012 a.wachowicz said

a.wachowicz

hey sam and brad im alex im on this tour too

yeah alyece. bring a massive shampoo so there is enough for everyone.. i was looking and is said we have to bring a sleeping bag cause its a concept tour. can any one confirm?
    is anyone staying at the hostel in belin after the trip, im staying there for 2 nights then heading to london for 4 nights before heading back home.

• 8 Mar 2012 alyece said

alyece

Lol yea no worries I’m all over everyones hair care needs!!
    Nope I’m leaving wasaw and staying in London for three days before my next tour starts. Apparently the last day is pretty much spent on the bus so figured it would b better spent getting to London :)

• 8 Mar 2012 a.wachowicz said

a.wachowicz

yeah thats right, thats why im starting copehagen, cause no point for me traveling amsterdam to belin to start contiki to then only travel to copehagen, get the most staying amsterdam i night more.

• 9 Mar 2012 Sam_Iam said

Sam_Iam

Hi Alex – not sure on the sleeping bag. the last tour i did was a concept and i needed it. i am taking mine anyway as i need it for the other parts of my trip.
    I believe i am staying 2 nights before the trip in berlin afterwards i might the first night but i have friend over there so just working on getting some free accommodation at the moment :)
    Time is flying by, half wish it was happening today only if i had the savings balance back up..

• 27 Apr 2012 Philippa.C.Allen said

Default_avatar

Hi probably a bit late to join the discussion but I am going too and am so glad to have found you. Really excited! Pippa

• 27 Apr 2012 alyece said

alyece

Hi Pippa!!
    Your not too late :) will inbox u the link to our fb page..

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.