Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt & The Nile 18 August 2012

18 Feb 2012 kellym777 asked

kellym777

looking for anyone doing the Egypt & The Nile tour in August, 18th departure. I'm planning to book on this tour this week and looking for other tourmates :)

• 18 Feb 2012 DayOutWithEThomas said

DayOutWithEThomas

i was just looking at this trip ( i think )…. undecided as of yet

• 18 Feb 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

i am too, im currently booked to just do the contrasts tour and a week in london but my friend just cancelled on me so im thinking of extending my trip

• 19 Feb 2012 lilly28* said

lilly28*

I just booked this tour for June 16th, so excited!!

• 19 Feb 2012 DayOutWithEThomas said

DayOutWithEThomas

Egypt would be a f**king incredible place to visit, but from what I’ve heard its really important to make sure you go at the right time of year, otherwise the flies are unbearable. I’m currently trying to decide between the Italian espresso & this one :)

• 19 Feb 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

ive just been reading up about all the riots happening due to the government. now im worried about whether its safe to go. i wrote on the contiki facebook page to see if they have been having any trouble on this tour so hopefully they can let me know

• 19 Feb 2012 DayOutWithEThomas said

DayOutWithEThomas

Yeah, that’s another thing to take into consideration! Tbh there probably are better times to visit the country…

• 19 Feb 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

Because I am travelling from the other side of the world I feel, well I’m pretty much there so I should go, but at the same time I want to be safe. I’m not going until August anyway so I guess I have plenty of time to assess the situation and decide what is best to do :)

• 22 Feb 2012 AlnJon said

Default_avatar

I am also doing this tour on 16 June. If you read reviews of people that have gone on this tour in December and Jan they say that they felt extremely safe the whole time. Contiki wouldn’t run the trip if it was dangerous. The riots happen in the middle of Cairo and the tour guide will tell us which spots to avoid. HE also meets you at the airport so you don’t have to do anything by yourself. SO excited !

• 29 Feb 2012 Carla said

Default_avatar

kelly, what date in august are you booked on the contrasts tour?

• 29 Feb 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

hi carla, i havent booked anything yet. If i do book though it will be the 18th departure date. How about yourself?

• 29 Feb 2012 RenaB said

RenaB

I will be on this tour for August 18th. I was going with a friend but unfortunately she has cancelled and I can’t get another friend to go.

• 29 Feb 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

story of my life explorer1111957! My friend did the same thing so now im travelling solo! Hopefully everything works out and i’ll b on that tour too

• 1 Mar 2012 RenaB said

RenaB

Well I hope so, would be nice to know someone on the tour. My name is Rena and I am from Canada. so hopefully I will get to meet you.

• 2 Mar 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

Hi rena. I agree it would be much better to know someone :) I’m from Sydney Australia. I’m currently trying to organise changes to my existing flights so i can leave home earlier and add this tour to my trip, however my travel agent isn’t the best at getting back to me, so it’s proving a bit difficult atm

• 2 Mar 2012 RenaB said

RenaB

Well once you get things figured out just message me on here or on facebook. I am just debating if i’m gonna book by a single room or keep a double and share with someone.

• 3 Mar 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

yeah i will, definatley. im just going to share, i don’t want to spend $300 extra or whatever it is for a couple nights, im happy to share :)

• 5 Mar 2012 RenaB said

RenaB

ok well if you can get on the tour maybe we can share a room?? only if that is okay with you. I got everything straightened out on egypt so i booked as a double. And now i might be doing another tour. I would finish on the 17th and i fly over that afternoon to Cairo.

• 6 Mar 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

yeah that’s fine with me as long as we can arrange it :) and if my travel agent ever gets back to me. I am hoping to arrive in cairo that day too

• 6 Mar 2012 RenaB said

RenaB

ok awesome..yeah all i need to do is tell my travel agent to tell contiki and it will be prearranged..or when you book with your travel agent. dont matter to me. when i did my last tour some girls i met always prearranged together for rooms, just keep me posted! :)

• 8 Mar 2012 kellym777 said

kellym777

hi rena, im now dealing with the manager at the travel agents, i have just requested to be booked on this tour and share with you if possible so I’ll let you know what I hear back

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion