Community_discussions_small  

Question

Asian adventure feb 26th

19 Feb 2012 Tennielle asked

Tennielle

Hi i was wondering if there was anyone else doing this trip id love to meet someone before leaving .

• 20 Feb 2012 Axe said

Axe

hi there, there’s quite a few of us on this tour, i’ll be at the hotel from the 24th onwards, happy to meet up beforehand! Where you from?

• 20 Feb 2012 Tennielle said

Tennielle

Hey, I wont be arriving till the 25th I’m really scared its my first overseas holiday and im on my own. Im from melbourne Australia. where r u from ? are you traveling alone or with friends?

• 20 Feb 2012 Axe said

Axe

hey tennielle, im from Sydney, ill be on my own on this tour and then meeting up with a mate in Thailand after it! Nothing to be worried about at all, ive done a couple tours in the US and europe on my own and you end up having the best time! not long to go now!!

• 20 Feb 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Hey tennielle, im on this tour and its my first solo trip so im a bit scared too lol!

• 21 Feb 2012 Tennielle said

Tennielle

i have no idea what to pack everyone keeps saying pack light but its a bit hard when ur a girl lol!!! r u guys bringing suit cases or backpacks ?

• 21 Feb 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

I recently found a backpack with wheels, so im gonna call that a WIN and i am not packing light. Haha. I think its usually 50/50 for people bringing backpacks or suitcases.

• 21 Feb 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

People say pack light for asia so you can buy stuff there, but My last contiki was so busy that i never had time to shop lol! So i figure ill just bring everything i need so i dont end up wearing dirty clothes by the second week.

• 21 Feb 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

I’m bringing a wheeled suitcase… and I don’t think I’ll be packing light either – it’s definitely not something I’m good at haha.
    Don’t worry at all about traveling solo! I did a Contiki a few years ago by myself and had the best time!! There were actually quite a few solo travelers and you’re with the group the whole time, so you just meet awesome people from all around the world!
    Only a few days to go :)

• 23 Feb 2012 Tennielle said

Tennielle

im leaving inn the morning i cant wait !!! see u all soon :)

• 24 Feb 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Hi everyone! I’m on this trip too and actually arrived in Bangkok last night! If anyone gets here early and would like to meet up let me know :)

• 24 Feb 2012 Tennielle said

Tennielle

id love to meet up i arrive in Bangkok 6.30 pm tomorrow night !!! yay im excited

• 24 Feb 2012 Axe said

Axe

Hey guys, I got here around 6.30 tonight as well, staying at the hotel, not exactly sure how to meet up with people, but am in room 417 if anyone wants to
    Give me a buzz!

• 24 Feb 2012 Lauren said

Lauren

Axe I’m in the lobby if you want to meet up, will be down here til about 8:30, then I’m going to grab dinner. I’m in a white tank…

• 21 Jun 2012 gregamiel said

gregamiel

Hey guys! I am headed on the Asian Adventure on July 22nd, and as i was looking for others on these forums i cam across the fact that you did the same trip not too long ago! Would love to hear about! What are some of the highlights? things to look out for? Can’t wait for my trip, hopefully theirs nothing but amazing things! Looking forward to hearing back! :) – GREG

P.S. In the end? What’s my best move? Suitcase or backpack?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion