Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thailand Island Hopper - East [July/August 2012]

19 Feb 2012 Michelle_Leila asked

Michelle_Leila

Hi guys,

I'm planning on doing the Thailand island hopper east trip at some point in July/August. Is anybody else planning on doing the same? And if so are you planning on staying longer than the set 9 days..? I'm flying out from the UK so it's a fair distance to travel for such a short time. I'm really up for going on a little adventure after the tour ends but not particularly confident in my ability not to get lost! (Also, might be a teeny tiny bit scared to go it alone)...

• 20 Feb 2012 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

I wish I was :( Im doing the Thai Hopper West beginning October 3 and am dying for that to get started haha. I couldn’t decide between them both so decided to go the West tour as it goes to Phuket and have always wanted to go there. Definitely keen for the East tour at some point too. Let me know how it goes :)

• 21 Feb 2012 Hulmer said

Hulmer

Hey,

Ya, I’m planning on going over the last week of July, first of August, so we’ll get to be there for the full moon party. I’m probably gonna go down a day or two early, and stay a week after….you’re right about 9 days not being long enough for such a long flight (flying from Canada). Any idea where you’d want to go after the contiki?

• 9 Mar 2012 kawaiininja said

kawaiininja

Hello! Planning on going sometime in August… the Full Moon Party sounds awesome, thanks Hulmer! I am coming from California so definitely want to stay a few days to a week after the 9 day trip. Would love to plan with anyone beforehand… =)

• 25 Mar 2012 Ghaleb said

Ghaleb

Hi Kawaiininia im coming from melbourne Australia and I will be attending the Full moon party on the 26th Of August and will be staying in Phuket for 10 days after the contiki tour :)

• 27 Mar 2012 Monica said

Monica

Hey :) just booked the Thai island hopper east august 26th, can’t wait to party at the full moon party! I want to travel somewhere afterwards the tour, but I’m a bit scared of doing it alone. Anybody else staying longer?

• 28 Mar 2012 Ghaleb said

Ghaleb

Bring on August 26th Thai Island Hopper East Booked Bring On Full Moon Party!!! See You All There OOOoh Yeahhh

• 4 Apr 2012 Adam said

Adam

I just booked Thai island hopper east for 26th August, cant wait !! Due to work I can only stay for the 9 days so hope to make the most of it :)

• 26 May 2012 dino said

dino

Hey….I am planning to book on this trip……who all are coming

• 31 May 2012 Jadep said

Jadep

Hey Everyone! Im just booking the Thai Island Hopper East on the 26th August at the moment – Its my birthday the day before so its a 9 day birthday celebration :) I Travelled to Thailand last year and stayed in Phuket, Karon which was about 20 mins in a tuk tuk from Patong. I went solo (my first overseas trip) and didnt want to be right in Patong, karon was perfect for alot of relaxation which is what i needed. This time i want abit more of an adventure and since im going alone again thought the Contiki was the best way – Especially as i wanted to travel with people and definatly cant wait for the full moon party.
    I will stay on for another 5 days once back in Koh Samui and at this stage plan on chilling out there for the remainder of my stay.
    Dont be scared to travel Thailand on your own – You just need to be street smart like you would in your own country. Have bags with Zips so you cant get pick pocketed and just be aware of your surroundings. I didnt go out to late of a night even though when I did i felt safe where i was in Karon.
    A big tip is to make sure you take two bank cards with you, keep one in your safe. Im so lucky i did as i lost one card while i was there, if i didnt have the back up i would have been in alot of trouble.
    Super excited for the 26th August !!

• 31 May 2012 caroxdsouza said

Default_avatar

Thailand Island Hopper, i am also going for this trip with my wife for 10 days. We just booked for it and preparing for this trip. We don’t need to purchase travel insurance for us as we already have annual travel insurance cover for us.

• 1 Jun 2012 Adam said

Adam

See you there jadep! I’m also staying on at kho samui, only for one night though!

• 1 Jun 2012 Jadep said

Jadep

Awesome see you then Adam – I was the last one to book into our group, Sso looks like we will have a packed group which should be fun! I cant wait :)
    Jade

• 12 Jun 2012 Dean said

Dean

hi everyone
    just wondering if anyone is going on the 29th of July Hooper east ??
    As i am going on this tour

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion