Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Over 25's on the Grand Southern April 28 2011

26 Nov 2010 Marie said

Default_avatar
Hey! I'm Marie, a kiwi living in Sydney, and I've just booked the Grand Southern LA to NY starting on 28th April. I'm 26 and was just looking for anyone else over 25 going on this tour? Smiler
  • 29 Nov 2010 Juliana1989 said

Juliana1989

Hi Marie! I will be doing this tour, however I am not over 25. As a travel consultant who has actually done a few contiki tours in the past, I can guarantee you that age does not matter on Contiki… In fact, it is best to stay away from trying to get into groups. 26/27 years old is definately not an old age for Contiki anyway! Although, unfortunately from my past experiences, I have found it frustrating when the majority are silly 18 year olds… But generally, there is always a nice mix… And not all 18 year old are immature :-) I know we are going to have alot of fun regardless. I’m a bit nervous about the duration of the trip tho! If you ever want to chat, just drop me a line. Not long to go now :-P x

• 30 Nov 2010 Marie said

Default_avatar

Hey Julianna! Thanks for your reply…my post was just really to get an idea on whether I would be one of the older ones on the tour but your post has cleared things up for me, great to hear there is a nice mix of ages…oh and I knwo all 18 year olds aren’t immature, I was one of them, haha! It’s going to be fun, I just have to finish paying for it now then I can really start to get excited! :-) Would be great to chat more and get to know a few people before heading off!
    xx

• 30 Nov 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi there
    I did the Grand Southern in the summer, most people on these tours are over 21 (due to the drinking age in the US), on my tour the average age was about 25. Hope that helps Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 1 Dec 2010 Marie said

Default_avatar

Hey Jill, I didn’t even think about the drinking age being 21…you make a very good point! Thanks for the post, it helped alot :-)

• 5 Apr 2011 Chris 84 said

Default_avatar

Hi Marie, My name’s Chris and Im originally from Sydney although i havent been there for a while. Ill be on the Grand Southern starting on 28 April. I’m also 26 (I’ll actually be 27 by the time the trip starts).
    I agree with Julianna, age really doesnt matter on Contiki tours. I’ve done a couple of Contiki tours before and the only time age is ever even mentioned is if there is someone below the legal drinking age on the tour. On my last tour my room mate was 33 and it made no difference.
    I look forward to meeting you

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.