Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European + Egypt or Greek Islands?

22 Feb 2012 lauren11 asked

lauren11

Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to do the ultimate european tour but am having a hard time deciding on whether to do the egypt or greek islands options.

Would love some advice and tips on these two tours.

Thanks!

• 22 Feb 2012 Sam_123 said

Sam_123

I’m going on the Ultimate European tour on 13th May this year and I’m trying to decide the same thing. I originally picked Egypt but I read somewhere the Egypt trip is quite hard going so now I’m thinking it might be best to pick Greek Islands for some rest and recovery (which is good if you happen to get sick) and go on an Egypt tour later.

• 22 Feb 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

I’m doing Egypt because I’m doing Croatian sailing after my tour so that’s my relax time :) I’m on the June 10th tour :)

• 22 Feb 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

I’m going on the Ultimate on August 19th and I went with the Egypt option. I want to see both but Egypt is the bigger one for me – it’s what made me want to do this tour in the first place. It gets a lot done in the short amount of time you get there. As Sam said, The Greek Islands are a more relaxed option, a little holiday within a holiday. It all depends whether you want that or if you want to see some great sites in Egypt.

• 23 Feb 2012 lauren11 said

lauren11

I have noticed that the majority of people are choosing the Egypt option. I’m not going on this tour in the next few months so would love to hear how it goes with you guys and how full on the rest of the tour is. This might help me make up my mind.

• 29 Feb 2012 Laura P said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I am on the Ultimate European starting May 13th and am doing Egypt. The greek Islands are pretty easy to travel on your own whereas it is a much safer idea to travel to Egypt on tour. Although Egypt has a few civil problems at the moment contiki would not take us anywhere that they would deem unsafe…. Egypt all the way!!!

• 9 Apr 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

anyone been on the tour in the last few years, would love to get some feedback for the optionals and where people really enjoyed travelling to.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion