Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Traveling alone

22 Oct 2010 stefani said

stefani
Hi, I never traveled with Contiki but I'm really exited about choosing a europe trip for 2011. I have a few questions:
- Is it okay to travel alone?
- Is the plane ticket included in the price of the trip
-any request or suggestion??

Thank you Smiler

Stefani
  • 22 Oct 2010 GoldenHelikaon said

GoldenHelikaon

It’s definitely okay to travel alone, I will be September 2011.

• 23 Oct 2010 sunsetfiesta said

sunsetfiesta

its normal to go alone, most people on the tours do, I did earlier this year. As long as you aren;t anti-social you’ll make friends.

• 23 Oct 2010 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hi Stefani,
    I travelled alone with contiki in Aug. on the Euro Encounter, there were about 17 other people on their own as well. We all got along quite well and had a blast! It also has to do with how well your group gets along and your TM, ours was great!
    I’m sure you’ll have a good time!
    Tara

• 24 Oct 2010 sarah67 said

Default_avatar

I was thinking of doing one of the US trips alone as well (and maybe meet up withe some buddies who won two greencards 2 years ago) and would love to have some feedback !
    As far as traveling to Europe is concerned, I would advise you to go in June because you are more likely to have great weather (which is imo quite important, you can certainly find a website indicating the weather trends for each country you’re planning to stay in !)

• 24 Oct 2010 Lozzietheaussie said

Lozzietheaussie

hey stefani, i just finished the European Panorama, it was AWESOMe i had the time of my life, best thing ive ever done, and i did it alone, Just be yourself and you will make friends so quickly, i made some amazing friends on my tour. The trip went for 28 days we had 2 busses and there was no one older than 30 on there but most people were around 23.

• 24 Oct 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lozzietheaussie:
    hey stefani, i just finished the European Panorama, it was AWESOMe i had the time of my life, best thing ive ever done, and i did it alone, Just be yourself and you will make friends so quickly, i made some amazing friends on my tour. The trip went for 28 days we had 2 busses and there was no one older than 30 on there but most people were around 23.

That’s the tour I’m going on next May…I can hardly wait!
  • 4 Nov 2010 Kimberley Powell said

Kimberley Powell

Hi everyone! Im looking at going on the European Escapade also :–) I will be travelling alone too. Start date of tour for me will be June 30th I think :)

• 4 Nov 2010 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

I am thinking aobut doing the Ireland and scottland trip on may 29, 2011. is anyone planing on doing that?

• 4 Nov 2010 Explorer1214699 said

Default_avatar

Had a question for people who have been on any of the contiki trips… what is the hooking up situation like? I’ve heard many different stories and i was just wondering what people thought… thanks

• 4 Nov 2010 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1214699:
    Had a question for people who have been on any of the contiki trips… what is the hooking up situation like? I’ve heard many different stories and i was just wondering what people thought… thanks

With Contiki you are never alone once you check-in in London to the time you leave the bar after the trip back in London.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion