Community_discussions_small  

Comment

4 July 2009 Departure

9 Apr 2009 Cally said

Default_avatar
Hi,

I am just about to book a place on this tour. Has anyone else booked this tour on this same departure date? Where is everyone ending this tour - in Berlin or Warsaw?

Also, is anyone interested in further exploring the Czech Republic? I am considering the idea of finishing the tour in Warsaw and flying back to Prague to spend a few days doing some day tours out to Cesky Krumlov, Kutna Hora, and the Konopiste Chateau and Karlstejn Castle as our tour does not include these places.
  • 11 Apr 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

Hi Cally,

I’m booked on that tour as well. I’m ending in Warsaw and then flying to Venice for a few days. I’ve already bought my tickets and booked my hostel, but if you are interested in joining me in Venice let me know.

- Wendy

• 13 Apr 2009 Explorer1128435 said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

OMG I M so x-ited. cant w8 4 dis. 4th July 4eva Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> LOL LOL LOL LMAO….

Just kidding- Ignore the above, my attempt at being funny…

Jess and Myself are booked in for the 4th. We are stopping at Warsaw also and are checking out a few more places around Poland before heading to Munich on 18/7..

Should be fun.
    - Anthony

ps. Where are we all coming from? Jess and I are Sydneysiders.

• 18 Apr 2009 Cally said

Default_avatar

Hi Wendy, Anthony & Jess,

Nice to meet you all.

I am a fellow Australian and Sydney-sider too. Well, I actually live in the Blue Mountains but it is always just easier to say I am from Sydney.

• 25 Apr 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

I’m from the USA. Currently I live in St. Louis, MO but I’m moving to Seattle, WA in a little over a week. When do you guys arrive in Berlin?

• 1 May 2009 Cally said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

I am probably just arriving in Berlin on 4 July, I don’t think we meet with Conitki until the evening that day. I am not sure what time I will be arriving yet, I haven’t even booked my flights as I haven’t worked out my travel plans after this tour yet, as I have a few days to spare before I need to be in Toronto on Sat 18 July.

Anthony and Jess, how long do you plan to stay in Poland after the tour and what do you plan to do and see?

I am really surprised we are the only ones yet on this forum, surely we aren’t the only four on the Tour? Are we?

Cally.

• 2 May 2009 Explorer1128435 said

Default_avatar

Guys, not long to go now.. 62 days
    Wendy – Jess and I arrive in Berlin on the 2nd of July. We have booked a couple of extra nights in the contiki hotel.

Cally, as for Poland, we head to a town called Wroclaw. Not sure what we are looking for but Jess’ grandparents grew up there so we thought we would go for a look around and take a few pics for them. From there we are off to Munich on the 18/7.

Jess and Anthony

• 2 May 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

I’ll also be arriving in Berlin on July 2nd. Let me know if you want to meet up. I’m not staying at the Contiki hotel though, I’ll be at a hostel closer to the city.

• 17 May 2009 Cally said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

I am just organising my flights and I will be arriving in Berlin at 1pm on 4th July. So would love to catch up with you all when I arrive.

I am still deciding on my departure time and date from Warsaw though. Wendy what time and date do you fly out of Warsaw? I can either fly out at 10am on the 15th or the same time on the 16th. I will be flying to Toronto via Frankfurt. Anthony & Jess, are you planing on staying at the Contiki Hotel an extra night on 15th or will you be moving on once our tour ends at 8am on 15th? I am not keen on being in Warsaw on my own for an extra day, but if others are staying I wouldn’t mind spending an extra day exploring, otherwise I think I will just fly out when our tours ends that morning.

Well, it is not long now…less than 7 weeks!

• 18 May 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

I fly out of Warsaw at 12:55pm on July 15th.

• 1 Jun 2009 Explorer1128435 said

Default_avatar

howdy all,

772 hours til kick off (approx), and so far it looks like it will be just the 4 of us..

Cally – sorry for not getting back to you sooner, long story involving the emergency ward of a hospital and my left index finger.

As for Warsaw, Jess and I will be heading to Wroclaw for 2 nights and flying out of there on the 17th.. You are most welcome to come along. I think its a 5hr train trip. May not be worth it if you are flying out of Warsaw..

Anthony

• 6 Jun 2009 Rebecca Vic said

Default_avatar

Hey all,

It’s definitely not just the 4 of you, because I’m coming too!! I completely forgot about the forum until now. I’m coming along on my own, checking out Italy first, and will be in Berlin from the 1st July. If anyone else is in Berlin early and wants to meet up prior to the tour I’d be happy to!
    Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Bec

• 6 Jun 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

Hey Rebecca,

I arrive in Berlin on July 2nd really early in the morning. It’d be great to have someone to explore the city with, so let me know if you want to meet up. Where are you staying?

- Wendy

• 10 Jun 2009 Rebecca Vic said

Default_avatar

Hey Wendy! I’m staying at a hostel called Heart of Gold, right in town. 2nd July is my birthday and I’m meeting up with friends that live in Berlin for dinner and drinks. You’re more than welcome to come along, if you’d like to.

Bec

• 10 Jun 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

Cool. I’m staying at Wombat’s, which is about a 20 minute walk from your hostel according to google. Dinner and drinks sound good, but it will probably depend on how I’m feeling that day. I’ll have taken an overnight train and so I’m sure I’ll be quite tired. Where are you from?

• 10 Jun 2009 KATIE said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

I have not finalized my travel plans yet but will likely fly into Berlin a couple days early and stay at a hostel. I think I have the option of doing a stopover either in Frankfurt or Munich but will arrive into Berlin from July 2nd or the 4th.

It sounds like most of you guys are completing the tour at Warsaw, Poland rather than Berlin. Are you guys finding trouble finding flights out of Warsaw?

Can’t wait for the tour to begin!

PS – if you guys don’t mind me asking, how old is everyone here?

• 10 Jun 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

Hi Katie,

I didn’t have any problems finding a flight out of Warsaw, but I’m staying in Europe. My flight is pretty expensive though, it’s probably cheaper to fly out of Berlin, but I didn’t want to waste a day traveling there by bus. As to my age, I’m 24.

• 12 Jun 2009 Rebecca Vic said

Default_avatar

I’m from Aus, about an hour away from Melbourne. 24 now, but will be 25 (just) by the time the tour starts!

• 12 Jun 2009 KATIE said

Default_avatar

Great! Looks like we’re all around the same age! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Alrighty, just booked the tour and flight! Very excited. I’ll get into Berlin on July 2nd and fly out of Warsaw July 15th.

Now I’m just trying to figure out whether to do a stopover in Frankfurt (I read some posts saying that there isn’t that much to do there) and where to stay in Berlin.

Suggestions?

• 12 Jun 2009 Wendy said

Default_avatar

Hey Katie,
    I’ve never been to Frankfurt because I too have heard there’s not much to do there. I’d suggest looking into what there is to do and then making your decision. I know there’s a lot to do in Berlin. As to places to stay, Rebecca Vic and I both booked hostels. She staying at Heart of Gold and I’m staying at Wombats. I recommend looking them up on hostels.com or some other similar sight and then choosing which one you want to stay at.

• 14 Jun 2009 Cally said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

Not long now until we all meet in Berlin. I can’t believe how quick this trip has come around!

Welcome Rebecca! Does the ‘Vic’ stand for Victoria, Australia? If so, is that were your from?

Anthony & Jess, how do you plan to get from Berlin Tegel Airport to the Contiki Hotel. I am trying to work out the easiest, safest and cheapest way to get there but can’t find any good info on the web. Also, Wendy, how do you plan to get to Warsaw airport? My flight leaves at 10am in the morning, which I know is earlier than when your flight leaves, but did you want to travel there together?

So is everyone going to use the voucher for the Free International SIM card that we got in our Contiki packs? What is everyone doing to be able to use their mobiles overseas cheaply?

Also, I am trying to work out how much money I will need while travelling. How much is everyone budgeting for each day?

Sorry for the 100 questions…just trying to get myself organised.

We should swap phone numbers before we depart…that way when we arrive in Berlin we can call one another and catch up before the official Tour meeting. We should also do dinner afterwards together and with the rest of our tour mates.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion