Community_discussions_small  

Question

the easy rider

23 Feb 2012 rachelemily23 asked

Default_avatar

hey guys,
so i think i've decided i want to go on the easy rider tour, and my friend has also decided she wants to come with me.
but i have a few questions i'm hoping someone will be able to answer for me.
i pretty much want to know everything that anyone can tell me about this specific tour, details details details!
also, i was reading some discussions just before and someone mentioned that when you do the camping tours you camp a bit further out from the main parts of where you're staying so spend a lot of time at camp. is this true? coz i'm hoping to go out partying etc on at least some nights, will camping make this hard to do?
thirdly, im 19 years old, so wondering when the best time of the year to go would be if i want to tour with people more of similiar age? i was hoping for august coz thats probably the soonest i can go as im saving up really hard atm.
ta! :)

• 23 Feb 2012 Jasmin said

Jasmin

I’m going on this in late August – I think the campgrounds are the same place as the cabins with hotels out of city too and I don’t think it’s stopped anyone yet!

• 26 Feb 2012 rachelemily23 said

Default_avatar

ooh i think you might be going on the same one as me :) yeah hopefully not, was just a thought i had haha

• 27 Feb 2012 Deshya said

Deshya

Im going on that tour in August :) I’m 19 too :D

• 14 Mar 2012 Tamara24 said

Tamara24

Hey! I did this tour last year. I loved it so much that I have booked and am going again in 3 months! You will have a ball. I am 25 and the majority of the tour were around 18 to 22. The camps are only 5-10 minutes away from the city so just cab it! We all did and had a great time.

Cannot stress this enough…this is the best tour i have ever been on. July was awesome. So hot and started to cool down start of August when we finished the tour.

Any other questions about this tour, please let me know. :)

• 28 Mar 2012 rachelemily23 said

Default_avatar

oh cool, thanks tamara! :) um there’s heaps i wanted to know but i cant think of anything right now haha. If you can think of any tips etc just let me know, would be a great help! Thats pretty cool deshya, where are you from? :)

• 29 Mar 2012 Jasmin said

Jasmin

Thanks Tamara – I’m gathering together all the bits of info I can….not sure if I can stand the 5 months I have to go before I’m there. So looking forward to this :D

• 4 Jan 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

hi guys, did you end up taking this tour? Im looking at booking the easy rider also and was wondering if you could tell me the names of the campsites you actually stay at? have found out some of the campsites already but would love to know all of them lol if you remember any of them i would greatly apprecate if :-)

• 22 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

I’m going on this one end of June and I’m also 19. The only bad thing is that there aren’t many washing machines or power points so you have to get in quick. Hope this helps

• 21 May 2013 Soli-Sol said

Default_avatar

Im going in this one in June too, im 21 from Puerto Rico. Its good to know the campsites are not that far since we dont do much camping here. I bet is going to be awesome thou

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.