Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Free time in Paris - European Vista

28 Jan 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar
Hi guys just a quick question regarding the European Vista tour.

In the tour notes it says that the afternoon is free to explore. I really want to go see the Louvre while I am there, is this feasible?

Thanks in advance.
  • 29 Jan 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for that tops advice Matty.

Woohoo can’t wait to see the Louvre!

• 29 Jan 2008 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Here’s a very important tip for the Louvre:

There is no need to line up. Catch the metro to Palais Royal – Musee` de Louvre. Follow the signs to Musee` de Louvre. Once you have left the station there is a sign pointing to a ticket office in the basement shopping mall beneath the Louvre. Once you have got your ticket, you can walk right in! It takes all of 5 mins rather than 3 hours. Then you can go and see all the people queuing up and laugh at them!

• 30 Jan 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar

Nooooooooooooooooooo

My tour starts on the 25th which is a Monday, meaning the 2nd day, is a TUESDAY!

Oh man Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 30 Jan 2008 Ashley said

Default_avatar

Hi Roxy,
    When i did the Vista tour our free day was on a Tuesday but our tour manager made sure that we had a few hours there on the morning of the Wednesday before we left for our next stop. Also as suggested you can arrive in Paris beforehand and just meet up with your tour there. Hope this helps. Ashley.

• 31 Jan 2008 Roxy83 said

Default_avatar

Thanks everyone for your suggestions Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

If I get a chance to go the Louvre I will definitely take it. If I don’t well…I know I will be back to Europe in 2009 so I will check it out then.

Once again, thank for all the advice!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.