Community_discussions_small  

Question

what airport to fly into in London?

26 Feb 2012 Explorer1258493 asked

Default_avatar

we are heading out for the European Magic tour on August 17 2012 and it says we will stay at the Imperial hotel, what airport do we fly into? i haven't beaked the tour yet- when i book will it give me exactly which hotel we will be at?

• 26 Feb 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

Im flying into Heathrow, and from there ill catch the tube to russel square station which is a short work to both the imperial hotel and the royal national hotel. Its really easy from Heathrow

• 26 Feb 2012 Explorer1258493 said

Default_avatar

Yay thanks so much!!!! Are you on the tour as well with us?

• 27 Feb 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

Im doing ultimate european + egypt on 10th june :)

• 27 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

The Imperial hotel and the Royal National are really close to each other – maybe 500 metres max?? From what I’ve heard (I’ve only ever flown into heathrow so I haven’t experienced the others) the easiest airport is heathrow because the tube is so accessable there. So easy to get in you just jump on the tube and get off at Russel Square. The tube that leaves from Heathrow is on the same line so there is no changing lines or anything!! both hotels are an easy walk from the station, about a block or two away!!

• 27 Feb 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

Heathrow is the easiest and cheapest in terms of getting to the Contiki hotels. It also has the most flights.

But Stansted is also an option, but I would make sure you’re getting a good deal if you’re going to fly there, to make up for the hassel and cost of getting into London from there.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion