Community_discussions_small  

Question

What are 'cant miss' things to see in Italy/Spain?

26 Feb 2012 Sarah asked

Sarah

Hey guys,
I just signed up for the Italian Espresso tour for April 27-May 5. I wanted to know if there are anything that isn't specifically part of the tour (in Rome, Florence, and Venice) that I should try to see or do in my free time. Or anything on the tour that costs extra money that is not worth it.

I am also traveling through Spain (mostly Barcelona) the week before my tour and was wanting any suggestions about site-seeing, great restaurants, good priced lodging, or night-life stuff that people would suggest.

Just to give you an idea of my own taste. I am very social, I love to go out and have drinks, and I am not above touristy things. But I would drop a few extra dollars a night NOT to stay in a hostel. I need my own personal space/bathroom. :)

• 15 Mar 2012 jess said

Default_avatar

In Barcelona you must see La Sagrada Familia – the tours show you the outside but dont give enough time to go in. It really is amazing

• 15 Mar 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

I am also going to go Barcelona after my tour. Im staying at the W Barcelona I dont know how your price range is but that looked like a nice hotel

• 17 Mar 2012 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

Rome: Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon, St Paul’s Basilica, Piazza Navonna
    Florence: Statue Of David, Basilica Di San Miniato & Lots of shopping if you can afford it. Florence is the Leather capital of Italy. There is a store contiki uses “Leonardo” and i think they give you a discount. It is 100% Authentic leather. So you will not get ripped off.
    Venice: Do a walking tour. Our guide took us around the center of Venice.

If you are doing contiki don’t worry too much about working out what you want to see before you go, Your tour manager will give you a map and a list of the main attractions are marked out. You can then choose from there what you want to do.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.