Community_discussions_small  

Question

People doing the European Whirl - 29th July 2012.

26 Feb 2012 ash.jade asked

Default_avatar

Is anybody doing the European Whirl, starting in London July 29th 2012??

• 10 May 2012 varun said

Default_avatar

me :)

• 24 May 2012 scuddly said

scuddly

I am! v excited. Staying at royal national for 2 nights prior to start, and then off to croatia afterwards!

• 24 May 2012 Bec said

Bec

Yep! Was originally on the Experience but it got cancelled so now I’m on this one! Can’t wait!

scuddly

Excited! Hopefully a few more people can pop up here and say g’day.
    I’m Nick, I’m 27 from Melbourne. I’m headed to London on the 26th, landing 27th in the morning I believe. I’m fortunate that my brother and his girlfriend live in London so will get collected from the airport.
    As we all probably know, London is going to be jam packed! given that the opening ceremony is on the 27th for the Olympics!
    I’ve got two nights at Royal National before the tour commences, then after the tour I’m flying to Dubrovnik for a seven day top deck camping tour from there to budapest. After that I’m flying to Ibiza to spend a weekend with my brother and his gf, then unfortunately after 35 days of hard at it Euro living, I’m headed back home to reality!

• 24 May 2012 ash.jade said

Default_avatar

So nice to see i’ve had some responses! I’m so excited! I’m Ashlee, I’m 24 and from Melbourne also. Myself and a friend are flying out on the 23rd, arriving in London on the 24th and staying with friends until the Contiki starts.
    After the Contiki we’re staying in Paris for 2 nights, then off to Greece for a week. We’re heading to Turkey after that to do a Sail Turkey Busabout. After that my friend leaves and I’m just going to see where the wind takes me.
    I’ve just received my UK visa so I’m planning on moving to London after all my travels.

scuddly

Awesome stuff. Sailing would be awesome, I wanted to do it instead of my top deck camping but I couldn’t get the dates right and with work, I wasn’t allowed to keep extending. 35 days was enough according to them!
    Where abouts from Melbourne are you?

• 25 May 2012 ash.jade said

Default_avatar

I’m hoping to do a sail Croatia at some stage as well. That’s a bit annoying about your work, 35 days is not nearly enough to travel Europe! I’m from the South East, Berwick. You?

• 25 May 2012 scuddly said

scuddly

Yeah. Being my first time overseas its probably enough. I’m going to be ruined after this I’m sure of it. In the space of 35 days I reckon 3 of them are going to provide me with a bit of rest! The rest will be chaotic!
    I’m from Ringwood.

Default_avatar

That’s fair enough. There’s no stopping on these holidays and it’ll probably take us about a week of sleep to catch up!

scuddly

Yeah, I arrive back in Australia at 8:45pm and my boss wants me at work the next day. Let’s see how that eventuates!
    You’ve been to Europe before I’m guessing?

Default_avatar

Your boss is dreaming haha. No never been over seas! you?

scuddly

This is the first time leaving Australia at all. Even tasmania!

Default_avatar

Even more exciting

• 25 May 2012 Bec said

Bec

I’m arriving on the 26th with two days to kick around before we leave. I’m so excited, I’ve been to the UK before but not Europe. Also, about 10 days into the trip it’s my birthday! (this is my 30th present to myself)

• 30 May 2012 scuddly said

scuddly

Anymore people out there heading on this tour?

• 4 Jun 2012 TheVarun said

TheVarun

I’ll arrive in London on the 18th and jet directly to Frankfurt, catch the F1 race in Hockenheim, then back to LHR, and over to Barcelona for a few days. Then back to London for a couple of days before the tour starts!
    After the tour, I’ll find my way to NYC for a further week, then the nightmare 30hours of flying/transit back to Perth (sigh….)!

• 13 Jun 2012 reena said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I’ve been tossing around dates but plan to book this one. I’m from the States-D.C. Looking forward to exploring Europe will all you Aussies! I’ll be hanging around for a few weeks after(hopefully in Spain/Port) before heading to New Zealand in Sept. What optionals are you all interested in? Anyone in for catching at least one Olympic event?

• 24 Jun 2012 IanN said

Default_avatar

Yup I will be on this tour with a mate. 30 from Adelaide flying into Amsterdam on the 20th for the Dominator Festival, then to London to visit family then Belgium for Tomorrowland then start the tour. After the tour we head to Spain and Ibiza.

• 27 Jun 2012 Alex said

Alex

HEY!!! ill be travelling with IanN! 3 weeks to go! Large!

• 2 Jul 2012 ash.jade said

Default_avatar

IanN and Alex – you 2 are going to be in all sorts after the dominator festival and tomorrowland! What day does tomorrowland finish?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion