Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who is doing the Reefs and Rainforests 13th Sept

28 Feb 2012 AdzFlowers asked

AdzFlowers

Hi, this is my first solo trip and I'm both nervous and excited. I've always wanted to visit Australia and now, finally, I've got the chance. I'll be joining the Reefs and Rainforests tour on the 13th Sept and will probably try and stay a few extra days in Sydney after the tour ends.
I'm hoping to hear from other travellers who will be on the tour...?

• 5 Mar 2012 Emz said

Emz

Hey,

I am looking at doing this tour too with the Whitsunday Sailing option, can’t wait!! Where are you from?

• 5 Mar 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Hey Emz!
    I’m also looking to include the Whitsunday Islands. I mean, I’d be mental to avoid missing out on one of the most beautiful places in the land of Oz, right? :)
    I’m from South London so I’ve got a 24 hour flight to look forward to haha! How about you?

• 25 Mar 2012 Alex said

Alex

Actually thinking about booking this trip too, I`m from Montreal

• 25 Mar 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Hello Alexandre.
    Well, I’m now officially on the tour having paid for everything today. Be great to have you along on the trip, never met someone from Canada!
    Adz

• 26 Mar 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

Hey adz, I think our tours will be meeting up, I’m doing the Aussie explorer… Starts 5th sept and does the east coast :). I’m from the uk too so know how you feel about the flight!! Are you staying in oz after the tour? Where does your tour end?
    Leanne x

• 27 Mar 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Hi Leanna!
    Oh that sounds fantastic. You’ll have a blast in Australia.
    Unfortunately my stay isn’t long. I land in Cairns on the 12th around lunch so I’ll have the day to explore before joining up with the tour on the 13th. When we arrive in Sydney, I’ll be staying for the weekend (2 extra days) then coming home as that’s my work holiday allowance up! I’m thinking of travelling for a few months next year but I wanted to see what solo travelling was like as this will be my first time!
    You’d be more than welcome to explore Sydney with me if you like. More the merrier :-)
    Adz x

AdzFlowers

Hi Leanne!
    Unfortunately my stay isn’t long. I land in Cairns on the 12th around lunch so I’ll have the day to explore before joining up with the tour on the 13th. When we arrive in Sydney, I’ll be staying for the weekend (2 extra days) then coming home as that’s my work holiday allowance up! I’m thinking of travelling for a few months next year but I wanted to see what solo travelling was like as this will be my first time!
    You’d be more than welcome to explore Sydney with me if you like. More the merrier :-)
    Adz x

AdzFlowers

Hi Leanna!
    Adz x

AdzFlowers

Hi Leanne!
    Unfortunately my stay isn’t long. I land in Cairns on the 12th around lunch so I’ll have the day to explore before joining up with the tour on the 13th. When we arrive at the end in Sydney, I’ll be staying for the weekend (2 extra days) then coming home (flying out on 1st October) as that’s my work holiday allowance up! I’m thinking of travelling for a few months next year but I wanted to see what solo travelling was like as this will be my first time!
    Adz x

AdzFlowers

Hi Leanna!
    Adz x

• 2 Apr 2012 Leanne said

Leanne

yeh ive been once before but stayed in melbourne with family so looking forward to seeing a bit more of the country. il be doing the same, staying in sydney for a few days before heading to the famiy :) im travelling solo as well, first time too.. quite nervous but im sure we will meet loads of people! im hoping to travel again next year also once i save up again…
    cant wait for this trip just wish it was sooner!!
    x

• 2 Apr 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Are you sure that your name isn’t Leanne Lucky? I’m almost envious of you for having family in the land down under. Melbourne is high on my list of places to visit alongside Ayres Rock, which I came close to choosing this year, although I think I’ve made the right choice. Reefs & Rainforests looks great!
    So what’s made you decide to go solo this time and do you have Facebook. Might be easier to stay in touch that way if you wanted to chat and stuff…

Just to add, if you don’t like meat then I apologise for the spam! ^^ :D
    Adz x

• 19 Apr 2012 marypluz said

Default_avatar

So basically after these four reasons, although I can’t prove or disprove, if atheism does happen to be true, then it would explain this evidence the best.
    Lean Muscle Formula

• 16 May 2012 Joanne said

Joanne

Hi adz,
    I’m also doing this tour solo, only booked it yesterday so very excited and nervous as it will be the first time i will have been traveling. I’m from Northern Ireland so going to Thailand with a friend for 2 weeks and then heading on solo to Australia.

• 16 May 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Hey Joanne.
    Looks like we’re in the same boat, so to speak. It’s so exciting, only four months away. Eep! Sounds like a great trip, have you booked everything in Thailand already or are you leaving that for a bit?

• 16 May 2012 Joanne said

Joanne

Have nothing booked as yet for Thailand probably will just pre book a few nights stay in a few places and go from there. It’s def very exciting.

• 13 Aug 2012 simyjo said

simyjo

Hey guys,
    I am doing this trip too :) nice to see other people who are going to be on. I am arriving in Cairns on the 11th and then I am going on the trip on the 13th… travelling by myself ive decided to live in Australia for a year after the trip. Slightly nervous as i dont know anyone out there but from what I hear people are freindly :)
    XXx
    Simone

• 13 Aug 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Looks like a few friendly faces have joined the tour. I’m arriving early on the 12th so perhaps you’d like to meet in Cairns? Might be cool to hang out and stuff before the tour starts. Sounds like a great idea, wish I could live in Australia. Will you be working Simone? x

• 14 Aug 2012 simyjo said

simyjo

Yea that sounds like a plan, still havent decided which hotel/hostel il check in to for the 2 days before.. where will you be staying? Yea il be looking for work may stay in sydney or might go to melbourne.. no plans as yet just need to find work pretty fast lol
    x

• 14 Aug 2012 AdzFlowers said

AdzFlowers

Hey – I’ve booked into the Gilligans Backpackers Hotel and Hostal although I believe (at least according to STA) that it’s booked up. Might be worth seeing if there is anything local but for sure, worth meeting before hand.
    I’ve thought about working or staying out there but I have a job to come back to! x

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.