Community_discussions_small  

Question

PACKING !

29 Feb 2012 marissakate asked

marissakate

Lets be honest... im the worlds best over packer..

hands down.. what do i need, its for the USA Grand Southern 26day tour.. followed by 4 days in NYC then im planning on chucking a heap of stuff and shopping in Hawaii for a week afterwards :)

even if its just a few pointers of what people wish they had/hadent packed would be great :)

• 29 Feb 2012 TriniExplorer said

TriniExplorer

Hey

I’m going on a 25 day tour and my plan is to pack enough clothes for half the trip and just do a load of laundry once while on the trip. SO basically I’ll have enough pants/skirts/dresses/tops for 12 days. I’m also going to try restricting myself to 2 – 3 pairs of shoes so I’m making sure all my clothes can mix and match with just those shoes.

I’d also recommend making a packing list before you pack and cutting out non-essentials. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• 1 Mar 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

Good idea. Look a lot of stuff I never really wore and got rid of it at a charity shop when I decided to go shopping. Also I stuck to two shoes. Nice trainers and some flats which could be worn with a dress or when going out etc (they’re also lightweight too). I did that because I knew I was gonna do some serious shopping business on my travels. That’s my advice to you…And buy your toiletries there! Like the mini travel kind because by the time you get back they’ll be empty and have more room/weight for other stuff.

• 1 Mar 2012 marissakate said

marissakate

Thanks so much !

• 9 Mar 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

When are you going? Season matters. Don’t forget, if you forget something you can buy a new one here. Also, you may hit an outlet center on that tour, good place for shopping! I like your idea of chucking stuff along the way, I do that a lot too. I would make sure you have enough clothes to get you from 2 night stop to 2 night stop (clothes doesn’t always dry fast). I like to bring lots of undies and socks.

For shoes I would bring one pair of dressy shoes, one pair of sneakers and one other casual shoe you can wear, sandal if it’s summer time – make sure they’re comfortable though. 2 dressy outfits.

1 or 2 jumper/sweatshirts

• 1 Apr 2012 mc534384 said

Default_avatar

This website helped me a ton when I was going o my trip! It’s an automated packing list- so cool!

http://www.globaljaunt.com/automated-packing-list.html

• 24 Apr 2012 Terra said

Terra

The Automated Packling List the mc534384 suggested is AWESOME! Don’t know how you found it, but well done.

• 24 Apr 2012 Terra said

Terra

• 24 Apr 2012 tikihut said

tikihut
    yes i agree what an excellent idea…..
  • 13 Jun 2012 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

on the grand southern one of your first stops… VEGAS has awesome outlet shops. i swear after vegas i wore more of what i bought while in america over what i paked.
    if this helps – tights – i packed more of those than shorts etc (they take up less space and can fit more in if needed) i lived in tights and long singlets for my trip, i added a vest or a belt if we were headed out that night (when we didnt have to dress up a large amount)
    also in orlando awesome shopping!!!!
    x K

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion