Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain and Ireland 18 day tour

1 Mar 2012 britt asked

britt

Hello! I am really close to booking this tour for this sept 5th 2012 - I guess I'm a bit nervous because I can't find a true whole review on this particular tour anywhere - can somebody please pitch in what they thought of it? Ive got no expectations and I'm really excited to do some much needed soul searching but it would be really reassuring to read how you thought it went,maybe if some things I could skip out on (certain optionals/extras) maybe things you wish you'd known before you went?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 Mar 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

I’ve been thinking about this one but personally I’m more keen on touring Ireland by itself. Although in saying that it may work out to be cheaper if I did the tour and stay in Ireland for a couple more days instead of just having to pay for every individual bus trip, you know what I mean? I’ll let you know how I get on and if I confirm a booking too :D

• 1 Mar 2012 britt said

britt

Thanks! I really appreciate it

• 1 Mar 2012 stacey13 said

stacey13

I went on this one in May 2010 and had a really awesome time, I posted a travel blog of it here:
    http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/staaacey/1/tpod.html
    If you have any more questions I’d be glad to answer them :)

• 1 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Thanks for listing your blog Stacey – I’m going on this trip in June and your blog answered all of my questions, just wish my trip would hurry up and get here! :)

• 2 Mar 2012 britt said

britt

That’s wonderful Stacey..thank you! Full steam ahead everyone! I’m going for it..

• 2 Mar 2012 stacey13 said

stacey13

I’m glad I could help! :) You will not regret your decision to go! I hope you both have the best time there!

• 7 Mar 2012 britt said

britt

Anyone out there going on this tour too?

• 9 Mar 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did England and Scotland a year and a half ago. It was a very nice tour, not too many long bus days, great scenery. The people who continued on to Ireland enjoyed that leg of the trip too. I have to say I was very glad not to have to worry about driving on the opposite side of the street!

• 9 Mar 2012 britt said

britt

Thanks for your response! I know, I was in the Caymen Islands a few years ago and they drive on the left, what a nightmare lol did you do any of the side optionals? I was looking into doing the Aran Islands day trip, but not sure about any of the other ones..

• 24 Apr 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

whats the caymen islands, i have family out there and they keep asking me to come but im like yes sure one day. I really want to know wat its like from a tourist rather than a family member :)

• 3 May 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

i have now decided that i will tour a few Caribbean islands. i will spend 2 days in Dominica, 2 days in st Lucia 3 days in Trinidad and 3 days in the Bahamas.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion