Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Girls: backpack vs handbag during the day

1 Mar 2010 *Katie* said

*Katie*
Hey girls! I need some advice on whether or not I should take a backpack for the tours during the day? I'm really not a backpack kind of girl but I heard its more convenient? I'm trying to way up the pros and cons between safety and comfort...
What have u girls done before/going to do on your tour?
  • 3 Feb 2011 Dimi_A said

Default_avatar

hey katie… i did the ultimate euro a couple years ago n i had a backpack for the bus that i use to put all my stuff that kinda needed for the day/bus like food n like magzines etc n then when i got off the bus i just use to take like a sling hangbag type a thing that went across my body n i use to carry my passport,wallet n camera etc in that n then when i use to get bak on the bus i just use to put my handbag in my backpack.

Im use to carrying my handbag everywhere so carrying a backpack everywhere it just would of felt weird

• 23 May 2011 EmmaEmily said

Default_avatar

i am also trying to weigh up the pros and cons of this.
    In Europe is it common to have shops give you bags to carry things you buy in? because i know if Australia lots of shops are either ditching bags altogether [for the environment] or just give paper bags…i usually take a reusable enviro bags everywhere with me here…
    just asking coz this might affect the size/type of bag i take with me…

• 23 May 2011 RoXXsta said

RoXXsta

i used a hand bag and i was fine.

• 24 May 2011 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

I would take an across the body bag for during the day. Backpacks can attract the wrong kind of attention and scream “tourist”. Also you don’t wanna be lugging heaps of stuff around with you when you’re wandering around the city…If you want to take a slightly larger overnight bag for the bus and just slip your smaller bag inside it when on the bus that generally works pretty well.

• 26 May 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys!! Now my mind is made up!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.