Community_discussions_small  

Question

Camera reccommendations?

2 Mar 2012 Louise asked

Default_avatar

Hello, Im travelling all over Europe in Sep/Oct and want to get a really good camera..what would you reccomend?? I dont want tot spend anymore than $350

thankyou :)

• 5 Mar 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

If I were you I would look into buying a decent hand held camera from either Canon, Sony or Nikon. I’m trying to find one myself but everyone has been recommending a canon one (forgot the name) just because it takes really good snaps and videos. Everyone that I’ve asked has told me what I will use my camera for the most. Landscapes, party shots, micro shots….etc etc…
    …Also think that fujifilm has a underwater camera which is at a reasonable price but not sure how good the quality is…

• 5 Mar 2012 Jasmin said

Jasmin

Try looking here – http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/ and getting an idea of what you want, then hit the duty free store :)

• 6 Mar 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

Hey that looks like a good website!! Oh man, that’s like the best tip of all – buying at Duty Free! How could we leave that one out! Haha.

• 10 Mar 2012 Louise said

Default_avatar

thanks for the recommendations!! definetly a great site. im loving the look of the canon powershot sx230.. :)

• 13 Apr 2012 Alexandra said

Alexandra

Also, you can also buy your camera from elsewhere then take the receipt with you to the airport, once checked in for your flight there is a place you can claim back your tax! Aslong as you have the camera with you (pretty freaking obvious that one) and its within 30 days of leaving the country!

• 24 Apr 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

hey how does the tax claim thing wirk exactly?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.