Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY Dec 13th 2012

4 Mar 2012 simmo2386 asked

simmo2386

Hey all

This will be my first tour, and I'm also going to be doing it solo. Is there anyone else who is going on this tour as well. It would be great to see who is.

• 6 Mar 2012 Aussie_adventurer said

Default_avatar

Hey mate, I’ll be doing the same tour, paid for my flights yesterday and put the deposit down on the trip today. Can’t wait. This will be my first time on a contiki tour too and Im also flying solo – are you getting there earlier?

• 7 Mar 2012 simmo2386 said

simmo2386

I am getting there a day early, fully paid off now. I can’t wait either.

• 2 May 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Hey guys, I am booked in for the Southern Adventure on 13 Dec… I believe that that just means I’ll be with everybody until we get to New Orleans, and that’s where I finish up… I’ll be in LA for 5 nights before the tour starts, am keen to check out LA and hit up Disneyland (I know, I know) and relive my childhood hahaha

• 7 May 2012 simmo2386 said

simmo2386

Hey Meelya
    That sounds awesome, any trip I think down that way will be fun.

• 17 May 2012 LadyJayne said

Default_avatar

Hey I am all booked to go on this tour. First solo Contiki tour also!
    Hurrrrry up December! :)
    How long is everyone staying in LA before the tour starts? I am staying 4 nights.

• 18 May 2012 simmo2386 said

simmo2386

I only have the one day before the tour starts, but I’m going to be making the most of it

• 6 Jun 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Hey guys I’m Emma from Brissy , im also booked on the trip… Its my first tour too…exciting…
    Im hoping to stay in La for a week before the tour… have any of you guys booked LA accommodation yet?

• 7 Jun 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

I’ll be in LA for 5 nights before the tour… doing the LA Explorer Contiki – they provide the accommodation, and it’s fairly reasonable considering. So I’m staying at the Kyoto Grand which I think is where our tour takes off from. Anyone keen to do Disneyland or Universal Studios with me in the days beforehand? I just want to do one day at each park. Let me know if you’re keen :)

• 7 Jun 2012 simmo2386 said

simmo2386

That sounds awesome, I would totally be up for something like that although I get in only the day before the Grand Southern

• 8 Jun 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Meelya….I’m super keen to do the theme parks too…. i didnt really want to do them alone so that would be awesome. I was also thinking of doing doing the LA explorer what day does your La tour start …. i’m also thinking about doing the NY tour as well

• 13 Jul 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Awesome! I’m actually thinking 2 days at Disneyland and 1 at Universal Studios now – have been chatting to some friends who have been and they said there are two parts to Disneyland and you really need a day at each. I was going to go on the days directly before the tour (so the 10th, 11th & 12th). Simmo – depending what time you get in, if it’s in the morning – maybe you could come with us if you weren’t too jetlagged?
    Emmadelo – I picked the LA explorer on Sat 8th Dec – it goes until the 11th, then I have pre-tour accomm for the night before the tour. Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply!! If you are keen to do Disneyland with me that would be awesome :)
    Also – just a random thought that can be organised closer to the date… I’m pretty sure on our first night in Dallas there is an Ice Hockey game… I’m a little bit keen to see one whilst over in the USA so I’m going to keep this in mind when we get our itinerary from Contiki, and see if I can work it in…

• 17 Jul 2012 simmo2386 said

simmo2386

If i’m not too jetlagged that would be awesome :)

• 18 Jul 2012 Aussie_adventurer said

Default_avatar

hey guys. Ill be getting into LA 4 days before the tour starts and have booked myself onto the LA explorer tour during that time. I think it takes you to all the theme parks and what not too. So if anyone is keen to do the same thing let me know?

• 25 Jul 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Hey guys – have created a Facebook group – type ‘contiki grand southern LA-NYC 13 December 2012’ into the search bar if you want to join :)

• 23 Sep 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Emmadelo and I got tickets to go to the LA Lakers game at the Staples Centre on Sunday the 9th at 7pm – I have booked 4 tickets becuase I was hoping to meet up with a couple of friends from LA… but I’m not sure if they are going to be able to make it now (won’t know until closer to the date). If they can’t, is anybody keen to tag along? We may have up to two tickets spare and they are $45 each.

• 15 Oct 2012 jessmac90 said

jessmac90

Hi
    Im jess im 22 and from Perth WA my friend and i will be doing this tour and arriving in LA 3 days before will be great to meet some people before it begins:-)

• 15 Oct 2012 Katie88 said

Katie88

Hi
    Im Katie, im travelling with Jess above. Meelya, I think me and Jess would be keen for the Lakers game if you end up having spare tickets! We dont really have any plans for LA yet.
    What’s everyone planning on packing clothes wise? I cant really decide how much of everything I will need.

• 15 Oct 2012 Emmadelo. said

Emmadelo.

Hi Katie and Jess…. its getting so close…so exciting… Yay i hope you guys do come to the Lakers its going to be awesome…
    We should plan a little pre-drinks night or dinner so something for all of us that are in LA early .
    I’m not sure what I’m packing yet.. i think just one big coat and layers. I’m going to try and buy more winter clothes over there, I’m heading to Europe after the tour so I’m going to need some warm Clothes.
    :)

• 16 Oct 2012 Katie88 said

Katie88

I know i cant wait!!
    I just realised we only get into LA on the 10th at like 6:15 in the morning, so we will miss the game :( kinda sucks!
    Pre-drinks meet up sounds like a great idea!!! we will have to work something out :)

• 16 Oct 2012 jessmac90 said

jessmac90

Pre drinks sound good to me!!! So excited count down has begun!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.