4 Mar 2012 Dan asked

Dan

Has anyone else booked this tour yet? Dan

• 4 Mar 2012 Laura said

Default_avatar

I’m going to book on this tour next week!! Laura

• 7 Mar 2012 Teresa89 said

Teresa89

Hey, yeah I booked this tour and I opened a thread for it yet :)
    Where you from? Are you going alone?

• 7 Mar 2012 Laura said

Default_avatar

I’m from just outside London! Yeah I’ll be going on my own, a bit scary but exciting!!! What about you?

• 7 Mar 2012 Teresa89 said

Teresa89

I’m from Germany, but at the moment I’m in New Zealand to work and travel. After that I go to Australia to do this contiki tour. I’ll going on my own to and I’m looking forward to it. I think we will meet so many people there.
    How old are you Laura? Will you leave Sydney after the tour or do you stay there for a while?

• 8 Mar 2012 Laura said

Default_avatar

Whereabouts in New Zealand are you? I’ve got family in Auckland and have been over to NZ before, love it!! Yeah, I’ve never been travelling or anything like this on my own before, so hoping to meet lots of new people.

I’m 28 so probably a bit on the old side compared to the majority I’m thinking, how old are you? Im taking 6 weeks holiday off work, so I’m only really planning on staying in Sydney for 3 days after the tour ends, as thought would be nice to see what Sydney has to offer by day and night with hopefully new friends I make on the tour!!

How about you? Are you staying in Sydney after the tour?

• 8 Mar 2012 Dan said

Dan

I’m from right around Toronto,Ontario, Canada. Yes im going alone as well. Im currently in Perth to visit relatives here and i visited Melbourne for about 2 weeks as well. I have been here on a working holiday visa since November. I’m traveling all the way from Perth to Broome first then bussin it to Darwin. I have never travelled on my own since before coming here, I cant wait for the tour to make new friends and have the trip of a lifetime. Im staying in Sydney till around Sept 19th because thats when i fly back to Canada. oh and im 20 btw

• 9 Mar 2012 Teresa89 said

Teresa89

I’m 22. But 28 is not to old…so no worries :)

At the moment I’m in Queenstown. I twisted my ankle and have a ligamental strain, so I have to wait until its a bit better. Then my travels goes on. I will stay 1,5 week in Sydney until august the 14th. Then I go back to Germany.

I’m really looking forward to the tour. A friend of mine did this tour and she was very happy with that. Its not so difficult to travel alone, because you meet so many peoples. Im alone in NZ and its so easy to meet new people. Everybody is so open-minded. I think its the same on the contiki tour.

Nice to meet you guys. By the way….whats your names? Laura and Dan? is that right?

• 9 Mar 2012 Dan said

Dan

Yep, ya i know what you mean about traveling alone, it sounds daunting at first but its not so bad if your outgoing enough to meet people

• 11 Mar 2012 Laura said

Default_avatar

Thank you, I do hope I’m not the oldest there, hey ho! I love Queenstown, probably my favourite place on the planet I’ve been to so far! Sorry to hear about your ankle hope it gets better soon. I was thinking a tour would be one of the easier ways to meet people. Yeah I’m Laura, it’s nice to at least talk to a few people before so that we vaguely know some people first though, I presume your names teresa too? Have you booked your accommodation for Sydney yet, was thinking of booking mine in the next few days. I’m glad you know someone whose done the trip and liked it, and dan your right it will be the trip of a lifetime!

• 11 Mar 2012 Dan said

Dan

Laura, i dont think you will be the oldest and who cares we are all there to have fun.I think its awesome that we can meet eachother on here and at least know ppl when we meet for the trip. And i hope your ankle gets better as well Teresa

• 13 Mar 2012 Teresa89 said

Teresa89

Yeah my name is Teresa :)
    Nice to meet you guys. Its cool to meet some people before the tour starts.

I didnt book the hostel for sydney yet. I think I will do this when Im leave New Zealand. Looking forward to see you in Australie :)

Thanks, my ankle is ok. I wear a aircast for 6 weeks.

• 15 Apr 2012 Nickee said

Nickee

@ Laura, I am on the first half of this tour – and I am 28. So you won’t be alone. As long as you know how to party!!!

• 18 Apr 2012 Dan said

Dan

where ya from Nickee?

• 28 Apr 2012 Nickee said

Nickee

@ Dan – Hey, sorry I missed this. I am from WA. It will be pretty awesome to bus it from Broome to Darwin. I’m a little bit jealous :)

• 29 Apr 2012 Dan said

Dan

lol i dont think bussin it will be that much fun and its not that cheap

• 29 Apr 2012 Nickee said

Nickee

Nothing is cheap that end of Australia!!!

• 6 Jun 2012 Nickee said

Nickee

If you are on Facebook, Matty made a group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/249092061862951/

• 8 Jun 2012 Hat said

Default_avatar

It’s nice to see more people coming on the tour!!! I have requested to join the facebook group cos that’s easier to get to. I am getting excited now it’s only a month away! What is everyone packing? Don’t we only have a 20kg limit for the coach or something? I think I read that somewhere…
    By the way, my name is Harriet and I am 21 :)

• 9 Jun 2012 Nickee said

Nickee

Hey Harriet! Where are you travelling from?

• 9 Jun 2012 Hat said

Default_avatar

Hey :) I’m travelling from a little town in England. Are you from America? You’re closer than we are!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion