Community_discussions_small  

Question

Road to Athens - Start 11th Sept 2012

4 Mar 2012 cerigby asked

cerigby

Anyone out there going on the Road to Athens trip starting 11th September?

• 25 Jun 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

I will be in London from the 5th, and I am also doing the + 3 day greek island tour yew. What about you?

• 25 Jun 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

Sounds like what we’re doing. (Bianca my friend) and I. We’re doing 3 days in Dubai on the way over, then 6 days in London, and 3 days in Athens at the end. I can’t wait it’s getting close now hey?
    What sort of day bag are you guys taking / backpack etc? I wonder if everyones wearing thongs or closed in shoes. I was thinking closed in, because we’ll be doing so much walking! Its hard to know what to take lol.

• 25 Jun 2012 AliceandHolly said

AliceandHolly

I’m going shamelessly tourist-style, with back pack and all haha :p I’m taking some nicer clothes aswell, if we go clubbing or whatever.. I’ve heard thieving can be pretty terrible aswell, so that’s something to consider ..

• 25 Jun 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

Yeah I intend to have my camera around my front/side in a camera bag with a strap and I have a money belt lol – sneakers and backpack too – all for shameless tourist style!

• 25 Jun 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

I was just going to take a small shoulder bag for during the day, and some flat comfy shoes as well as a pair of heels to go out in. I was thinking about a money belt but I probably won’t end up using it! I don’t know idrgulregjerughaerslag

• 25 Jun 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

I am on the same tour I get into london on the 9th around noon but leave the tour the day you all head to Greece. Im going to go to Barcelona for a couple of days. I will have a backpack, flip flops (thongs) and closed toe shoes. I will probably bring small locks for the backpack for when its behind me.

• 26 Jun 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

After Barcelona, are you heading anywhere Shauna? Because I am going to San Sebastian after the tour :)

• 26 Jun 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

No unfortunately, I have to go back to work> :(

• 27 Jun 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

I know that feelin lol

• 27 Jun 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

Has anyone been to Europe before?

• 27 Jun 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

This will be my first time to Europe also my first time going out of the country solo!!

• 29 Jun 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

My first time to Europe too. A friend and are I going together. First time I’ve been outside Australia, how exciting!

• 29 Jun 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

It’s my first time going overseas by myself as well!

• 29 Jun 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

I never thought about going overseas solo, that’s pretty brave, though I guess as we can see there are lots of people who do especially on Contiki…

• 7 Jul 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

Paid off my tour today yay. How much spending money are you guys taking? My travel agent said 4 k would be a good amount for the 5 weeks that I will be there, on and off tour.

• 7 Jul 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

4K? Wow I was thinking 2K… but I have an American Express Card that I can use overseas if I run out of cash. I suppose if one were to do a lot of the optional extras, lunches, souvenirs, yeah it’d probably be between 2-4K.

• 26 Jul 2012 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

What day is everyone getting to London? I will be there the morning of the 9th.

• 26 Jul 2012 cerigby said

cerigby

I’m in London the evening of the 7th Sept.

• 27 Jul 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

The 4th :)

• 27 Jul 2012 Braelie said

Braelie

Actually, I arrive at midnight, so basically the 5th I guess?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion