Community_discussions_small  

Question

Beaches and Reefs starting 2nd January 2013 Sydney

4 Mar 2012 Alexandra asked

Alexandra

I´m going on my own. Anyone else? :o)

• 17 Jul 2012 Haylee said

Haylee

Hello :) Yes I have just booked and am going by myself as well!!

• 17 Jul 2012 Alexandra said

Alexandra

hi, finally someone replied :o) Great. I saw that you are from Melbourne. I will stay there for 5 days before the tour starts. I will go to Sydney for New Years Eve.

Haylee

Aw nice, yeah I am from New Zealand but am living in Melbourne now! I Fly to Sydney on the 1st of January. Maybe we could catch up in Melbourne before. Do you have friends here?

• 17 Jul 2012 Alexandra said

Alexandra

Yeah of course. Would be cool to catch up before. Will be there from December 25th…. few months left but time is running :o)
    I know a guy from Melbourne. We met in Thailand and still have contact. So I will meet him as well.

Haylee

Sounds Good :) I get back from New Zealand late on the 29th of December so maybe the 30th we could catch up but can sort that closer to the time! I know time is going so fast, i am so excited :)
    I thought more people would be on here for or tour?

• 18 Jul 2012 Alexandra said

Alexandra

hmmm…. little problem. I will go to Sydney on the 30th of December(flight at 2pm from Melbourne). Maybe you should go to Sydney as well for New Years Eve :o)
    YEAH, mee too. Can´t wait :o)
    All the other disussions are about tours which will start within July, August September… So I think it is just to early. Hopefully :o)

• 12 Sep 2012 Colby said

Colby

Hey I just figured out this part of the deal existed….but yah how early did you book to get a place in Sydney for new years I tried all last month to find a place to stay for a resonable price but there wasn’t anything I ended up settling for landing on the 1st

• 13 Sep 2012 Alexandra said

Alexandra

hey, really? okay…booked in june already.

• 13 Sep 2012 Colby said

Colby

Yah figured I had heard new years was a big deal in Sydney but I had no idea I should have booked that far ahead but it’s still gona be awesome

• 16 Sep 2012 Haylee said

Haylee

Hey Colby, I fly in on the 1st as well, from Melbourne. Are you guys staying in the place we Leave Contiki from??

• 16 Sep 2012 Colby said

Colby

yah I am I think i land around 10:30 so I’ll be checked in and around for the day there. Have you guys started looking into the optional parts of the tour yet too?

• 16 Sep 2012 Haylee said

Haylee

Aw yeah nice. I think I land at 4pm. Nah I haven’t really, we get a more detailed list of things to do closer to the time don’t we? Do you know what you’ll be doing?

• 17 Sep 2012 Colby said

Colby

not too sure yet I got the travel brosure that lays evreythin out, but I havent put a whole lot of thought into it yet. I think they have the tour itinerary deal on here as well, but yah just trying to get a feel for whats gona be worth paying the extra for.

• 18 Sep 2012 Haylee said

Haylee

Yeah for sure! Are you guys staying extra days in Cairns at the end?

• 18 Sep 2012 Alexandra said

Alexandra

Yeah, but just for one night. But do not know where :o) What about u?

• 18 Sep 2012 Colby said

Colby

Yah I’m staying 2 weeks after the tour and my only set plan is I fly home from Sydney feb.2 so I’ll probably be around there afew days after

• 18 Sep 2012 Haylee said

Haylee

Aww cool yeah I’m thinking about staying an extra one or two nights in Cairns! I asked a mate and she recommended “Global Central” Backpackers in town (not waterfront) to stay at, so I’m thinking of booking there, its pretty handy to everything and looks really nice.

• 19 Sep 2012 Colby said

Colby

Cool good to know ill have to check that out too

• 13 Oct 2012 Joe said

Joe

Hey, thought it was about time I made my first appearance on here. I’m getting to Sydney towards the end of December and spending NY there, which I am hoping will be cool. Not really got many plans yet, but am staying at what looks to be a sociable hostel so am hoping that NY will sort itself out. Colby, I am definitely up for some extra activities – just let me know what you think looks worth doing. And then at the end I am staying one night in Cairns before flying off.

• 25 Oct 2012 Colby said

Colby

Hey man sorry its taken me so long to reply back here, but yah.kinda been perusing the optional stuff and I think I’m just gona do as much as I can afford the stuff around the reef and that looks especially awsome, but like I said if I can do it all I probably will

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response about 2 years

This question was posted about over 2 years ago. It has been discussed 22 times.

4 people are following this discussion.

• Alexandra
  • Haylee
  • Colby
  • Joe

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.